After upgrade to 6.11.5, duplication of Pool Devices

Krushy
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.11.5, having attempted several times with everything inbetween and had issues only resolved by reverting back to 6.9.2.

6.11.5 now seems to be fine, upgrading my Dell T320, however a strange issue with my Pool Devices has presented itself.

They all seem to have duplicated; one version showing "not installed" the other looking normal with the disk identified etc.

Everything seems to be operating fine, it just triggers my OCD to have the "not installed" devices showing.

What should I be doing to clean things up? Any suggestions welcomed...

Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 21.06.23.png

tower-diagnostics-20221228-1020.zip

Thanks for that pointer, I think you are right.

It does look like there are duplicate spurious entries in the config/pools folder.

I am not sure which ones to delete.

I am assuming its the files starting with"._" as they don't look right to me?

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 10.53.39.png

Edited by Krushy
38 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Strange that those pools don't appear in the config, stop the array, set both those ._ pools to 0 slots to delete them and that should do it.

Thanks JorgeB,

That solution did indeed erase the duplicates, and seemingly ammended the flash config file.

I am still a bit stuck on, the issue shown below..

The "cache_protected" (unassigned) duplicated as cache-protected 2, with 2 slots.

Do I just drop to 1 slot and it will keep the assigned device?

Or should I be assigning, effetively swapping, the "sde" drive to the "cache_protected" first?

Sorry for the numpty question I have not come across this before.

1963365728_Screenshot2022-12-28at11_01_23.thumb.png.2764ecee8b7cecd8b0ae0666652df2f4.png

12 minutes ago, Krushy said:

Do I just drop to 1 slot and it will keep the assigned device?

Don't do this.

12 minutes ago, Krushy said:

Or should I be assigning, effetively swapping, the "sde" drive to the "cache_protected" first?

You can do that, and after an array start/stop you can change slots to 1 if you want, but it's not a problem if it remains as 2 slots.

3 hours ago, Krushy said:

I am assuming its the files starting with"._" as they don't look right to me?

Yes.   If you use a Mac, then macOS can create files with this sort of name unless you have set a setting (not sure where) to stop it doing that on network shares.

The 'g0od' files will also be human readable text files which is another way to check.