Data rebuild going at less than 10 mb/s

I recently replaced a disk in my array which was disabled due to read errors (I did reseat the cable first, no dice).

The rebuild is going incredibly slowly - currently it's at about 6 mb/s, and says it will take 7 days to finish.

Another disk in the array has reported a SMART error for a bad sector - could that have this drastic of an effect on the array as a whole?

My system specs:

Ryzen 3 3200g

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard

32 GB RAM (Probably overkill, but I already had it and didn't need it for any other machine, so why not?)

Any help would be appreciated.

tower-diagnostics-20221231-1254.zip

WD40EFAX-68JH4N1 (disk 4) is having continual resets.

SATA cabling sucks.  Since this is a WD drive, you either want to use a SATA cable that if it has the locking header also has the internal "bump" on the interior of the connection.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about you may be better off with a non-locking cable. 

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

WD40EFAX-68JH4N1 (disk 4) is having continual resets.

SATA cabling sucks.  Since this is a WD drive, you either want to use a SATA cable that if it has the locking header also has the internal "bump" on the interior of the connection.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about you may be better off with a non-locking cable. 

It has a locking cable, and I triple checked to make sure all cables were properly seated before firing it up.

I can try a different cable, but I don't think I have any spare locking ones; it's actually got one of the newest sets of cables in my house, specifically purchased for this system.

I assume that it's safe to cancel the rebuild to shut down and change cables?

25 minutes ago, justinporteus said:

I don't think I have any spare locking ones

You missed what I suggested.  I was suggesting a NON locking cable.

They are the only ones that are actually up to spec and an absolute ton of locking cables are not spec and are missing the internal bump with the result that they have lack luster results on some WD drives

Just now, Squid said:

You missed what I suggested.  I was suggesting a NON locking cable.

They are the only ones that are actually up to spec and an absolute ton of locking cables are not spec and are missing the internal bump with the result that they have lack luster results on WD drives

Yes I misread it. My bad.

The cable had been working fine previously, so unless there was a jostle that unseated it, I wouldn't have expected the cable to be a problem.

However, I just snagged a cable from an old motherboard box, replaced it, and now the rebuild is going at 150 mb/s, so probably I didn't even need to replace the drive in the first place 😂

Oh well. It's got more capacity now which I wanted to do eventually anyway.