[6.11.5] rsync error & query on moving disk to another server

mrbens

Used the rsync command below to copy 8TB disk 3 (resierfs) to 16TB disk 2 (xfs), so I can move disk 3 to another server, but got an error at the end:

rsync -avPX /mnt/disk3/ /mnt/disk2/

sent 7,049,131,125,720 bytes  received 195,551 bytes  61,352,544.89 bytes/sec

total size is 7,035,745,316,299  speedup is 1.00

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1336) [sender=3.2.7]

Think it's just 13 GB that wouldn't copy, but struggling to find how to check the previous errors to see which files(s) were affected. How do I check this please?

The following lines repeated many times in the syslog which seem to be related:

Jan 12 02:32:32 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md3): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 4027868. Fsck?
Jan 12 02:32:32 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 966 does not match to the expected one 2

There's still 1.5TB free on disk 2.

Attached diagnostics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently in the process of converting all my disks to xfs.

I'll be adding a new 18TB disk into the disk 3 slot once the 8TB has been removed.

Is it better to format the existing resierfs 8TB in slot 3 to xfs, then swap it out for the new 18TB or use New Config to remove the 8TB and add the 18TB into the same slot? I'd think it's best to convert the 8TB to xfs first so just that empty disk has to rebuild instead of having to rebuild the parity leaving the array unprotected for a couple of days but just want to double check.

Thank you for any assistance.

tower-diagnostics-20230113-1101.zip