Unraid Download speed capped to 1gbps on 2.5gbe network

Hello there,

I have been doing some Lan test this week and found something weird. After using some dockers in Unraid to test Lan speed (SpeedTest-By-OpenSpeedTest and another one), I found that my "Download" speed is capped to 1Gbps when my "Upload" speed is around 2.5 Gbps.

This is my actual setup:

- Unraid server running on a B550 mobo with the Realtek 2.5Gb Lan running at 2.5 full duplex.

- Main desktop with Marvell AQC111C (5GbE running at 2.5 full duplex).

- Secondary desktop with the infamous Intel 1225-v running at 2.5 full duplex.

- Everything connected to a 2.5 GbE switch.

- Switch connected to the router for internet.

- Everything is showing 2.5 Gbps software side.

I don't understand, since I am on a 2.GbE setup, I think my speed should be 2.5GbE both ways, I don't know if it's related to hardware or software.

What do you think? Any solution? Is it normal?!

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Reda.Saiko
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

That confirms it's a LAN problem, and it's a know issue with some Realtek NICs, they are only fast in one direction.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/123594-poor-ssd-cache-read-speed-25gbe/

Wow, Intel 2.5GbE NIC is faulty (every model, even the V3 with the pretended hardware fix...isn't fixed) and Realtek one have this issue.

So I just have to forget about any motherboard native 2.5 NIC and get myself a PCIe card like the Intel X540?

In the other topic the solution is: 

But I don't relaly dunerstand the subnet part, I will try now with the bridging disabled to see it it works.

On 1/18/2023 at 9:01 PM, Robert McMAhon said:

Curious if you try a full duplex socket (supported by iperf 2) Use iperf -c dst -i 1 --full-duplex (man page here)

--full-duplex
run a full duplex test, i.e. traffic in both transmit and receive directions using the same socket

I will try this and update. For now I have been able to get 2.5gbps download by deactivating bridging, but my VMs are left without LAN (using an USB Wifi for now).