Docker Commands inside a container

phatcat

Hello, 

I am wondering if its possible to allow containers to run / install other things inside of them.

For instance I have a WikiJS container installed and running without issue. However, I would like to use Cloudflared tunnel inside the WikiJS docker container, but this doesnt work of course because it doesnt have a full OS. 

I am still kind of new to the whole docker thing, and if this has been posted before I am sorry.

Thank you! 

Short answer is yes, you can click on the container in the GUI and select console, that will open a command prompt inside the container environment.

However...

When the container is updated, it will revert your changes.

To properly accomplish what you are asking the correct way is build a different container with the parts you need.

Depending on the complexity of what you are trying to do, it may be reasonable to script the changes and apply the script when needed.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem is when I run the required command from Cloudflared in the Docker terminal for WikiJS the result is as follows. 

curl -L --output cloudflared.deb https://github.com/cloudflare/cloudflared/releases/latest/download/cloudflared-linux-amd64.deb && 

dpkg -i cloudflared.deb && 

cloudflared service install

root@03d2cf9d5877:/# curl -L --output cloudflared.deb https://github.com/cloudflare/cloudflared/releases/latest/download/cloudflared-linux-amd64.deb && 

dpkg -i cloudflared.deb && 

cloudflared service install 
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100 16.5M  100 16.5M    0     0  1935k      0  0:00:08  0:00:08 --:--:-- 2675k
bash: dpkg: command not found

Thanks!