Problem obtaining trial license key

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

In trying to obtain a trial license key. In trying to obtain the radiation key, I am receiving a message that the GUID is already registered with another user.

Context: I am a long time unraid user. My motherboard failed yesterday... I need to source a new motherboard, CPU and RAM; an event I wasn't prepared for.

As a temporary measure, I am using an old box on which I'm attempting to install unraid. This may be a box that many many years ago had been running unraid, I'm not certain.

Any ideas ?

• Solution
2 minutes ago, Fishypops said:

This may be a box that many many years ago had been running unraid

No way for anything to know that, and it doesn't matter.

What matters is the flash drive. The license is registered to the GUID of the flash drive.

If that is the same flash drive you were using before, no reason you need a trial key. You can probably get most of your configuration working again on that old hardware. Did you already wipe it out? Do you have a flash backup?

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

No way for anything to know that, and it doesn't matter.

What matters is the flash drive. The license is registered to the GUID of the flash drive.

If that is the same flash drive you were using before, no reason you need a trial key. You can probably get most of your configuration working again on that old hardware. Did you already wipe it out? Do you have a flash backup?

I did have a backup of the flash drive. I'll give it a go. Thanks 

The config folder on flash has all of your configuration, all settings made in the webUI, including disk assigments. Many of us have changed hardware many times and just kept going with all our drives and configuration just as they were. I even did a temporary downgrade just as you are doing while I put together a new system a couple of years ago.