Unable to access GUI - Connection Refused

skot4th
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

After installing two new NVME drives, and trying to configure both of them as a cache along with my current SSD, I am unable to log into the GUI.  The system boots and I can see the command line showing it has booted when plugged in to my monitor.  I can also PING the Unraid Box through windows, however I cannot access the GUI, nor can I connect via PuTTY.

I have installed Unraid onto a new USB and that boots fine into the GUI so it is clearly a config issue on the old USB.  How do I rectify this?  Is there a way to transfer my shares, parity, and license to the new USB, or a way to easily undo the config change on the old USB on my windows machine?

Thanks

19 hours ago, trurl said:

Everything about your configuration is in the config folder on flash. If you use a different flash drive you will have to transfer your license.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Changing_The_Flash_Device

Maybe diagnostics when booted with the original flash drive would tell us something.

Hi.

I tried transfering the config to the new usb. Same errors, suggesting the error is with the config.  I cannot generate a diagnostic report due to the errors.

Regarding the key, if I transfer that and activate the server will the array recover itself, or is that data now lost without the config file?

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Your data should be OK assuming you don't assign a data disk to a parity slot.

Without config, you will be configuring everything again. All settings from the webUI are in config.

Do you have a recent backup of your flash drive?

Thanks, is there any way to tell which of my two 10GB drives was the parity drive, or is it just flipping a coin?

I have a partial backup of the folders, but for some reason the config folder is missing...  This is what I have below. Will salvaging any of this help?

image.thumb.png.fa89020a22a79696efc53100727294dd.png

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

That is the config folder

How many drives do you have in the array?

Ahh right, so it is. Thank you.

I had 5 working drives. One 10TB parity, one 10TB storage and two 4TB storage drives, along with one 250GB SSD cache.

The issues occured when I tried to add two new 1TB NVMe SSD's to the cache, which then bricked my config on reboot.

I'll take another look at the link now re: identifying the parity, thanks.  Would I also need to copy the "shares" folder from the old config to my new one, or is that something that will pull through when setting the drives back up?

Thanks for the help!