usb_serial_simple

timrudorf

On 2/17/2023 at 12:47 PM, timrudorf said:

I would love to see "usb_serial_simple" added to the kernel.

There is already the plugin USB Serial in the CA App from @SimonF please try it and see if it is working (reboot required after installation).

I don‘t know what this device and I don‘t know if the plugin does handle this device too, please keep me updated if it is working for you.

If not I can look into it what‘s needed to add it to the plugin.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

There is already the plugin USB Serial in the CA App from @SimonF please try it and see if it is working (reboot required after installation).

I don‘t know what this device and I don‘t know if the plugin does handle this device too, please keep me updated if it is working for you.

@ich777 the plugin has serial_options so serial_simple would need to be added.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

I already tried this one but I did not restart my system after the installation. I will try this again later and keep you updated.

49 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you please explain what this is and maybe a link to it?

I will have a look at that, I‘m assuming you are on 6.11.5 correct?

It is a pager for firefighters.

here is the link to the official website:

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/de_xc/products/tetra/terminals/tpg2200.html

and yes, I’m on latest stable.

Edited by timrudorf
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I tried again but this time with a restart afterwards. Sadly it did not work.

41 minutes ago, ich777 said:

May i ask if you use this in combination with software?

I will keep you updated about that (will take me a bit because I‘m currently mot at home), have to look into it what other modules it pulls in.

Sure. It use it with a self writen program in python (module: pyserial) that communicates by AT comands.

Thank you for your efforts!

Edited by timrudorf
3 hours ago, timrudorf said:

Yeah sure:

Please do the following:

1. Make sure that you have installed @SimonF's plugin "USB Manager Serial Options addon"
  2. Download the attached txz and txz.md5 package from this post
  3. Navigate through SMB or your favorite SCP software to /boot/config/plugins/Usb_manager_serial_options_addon/packages/5.19.17/
  4. Delete the existing txz and txz.md5 in this folder
  5. Place the downloaded files from the attachment in the above mentioned folder
  6. Reboot

After that the module should be available and hopefully should be loaded automatically.

Please let me know if it is loaded automatically, so to speak if the device is found automatically and the driver is loaded or if you have to do a manually with:

modprobe usb-serial-simple

Please note that the this attached packages will only work on Unraid 6.11.5!

Keep me updated and I can add it to the plugin.

usbserial-20230219-5.19.17-Unraid-1.txz usbserial-20230219-5.19.17-Unraid-1.txz.md5

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please do the following:

1. Make sure that you have installed @SimonF's plugin "USB Manager Serial Options addon"
  2. Download the attached txz and txz.md5 package from this post
  3. Navigate through SMB or your favorite SCP software to /boot/config/plugins/Usb_manager_serial_options_addon/packages/5.19.17/
  4. Delete the existing txz and txz.md5 in this folder
  5. Place the downloaded files from the attachment in the above mentioned folder
  6. Reboot

After that the module should be available and hopefully should be loaded automatically.

Please let me know if it is loaded automatically, so to speak if the device is found automatically and the driver is loaded or if you have to do a manually with:

modprobe usb-serial-simple

Please note that the this attached packages will only work on Unraid 6.11.5!

Keep me updated and I can add it to the plugin.

usbserial-20230219-5.19.17-Unraid-1.txz 17.11 kB · 1 download usbserial-20230219-5.19.17-Unraid-1.txz.md5 33 B · 1 download

works like a charm!

thank you so much!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, timrudorf said:

works like a charm!

Did it work OOB?

There was a reason why I wrote that you should tell me if it works without doing the modprobe or with the modprobe because I want to add this module to the plugin and I have to maybe edit the plugin if you had to do the manual modprobe.

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did it work OOB?

There was a reason why I wrote that you should tell me if it works without doing the modprobe or with the modprobe because I want to add this module to the plugin and I have to maybe edit the plugin if you had to do the manual modprobe.

Sorry my bad. Overread this one.

worked oob. Did not had to modprobe.

• Like 1