CouchPotato unMenu package

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Prostuff1, First of all, thanks for your hard work. 

I'd like to request assistance.  Whenever I start my unraid, my CP doesn't start automatically.  I know I should provide you more details.  What do you need so you can help me figure out the problem?  What command do I execute to get the stuff you need? 

Thanks in advance.

Hello Prostuff1, First of all, thanks for your hard work. 

I'd like to request assistance.  Whenever I start my unraid, my CP doesn't start automatically.  I know I should provide you more details.  What do you need so you can help me figure out the problem?  What command do I execute to get the stuff you need? 

Thanks in advance.

If your array does not start automatically this would make sense.

I have uploaded a new .conf file that has the most up to date version of CouchPotato.

• 4 months later...

I wanted to ask before assuming anything, is this CouchPotato Server V2, or is this the original CouchPotato?  I am looking for an unmenu install of Couchpotato V2 that will work with Unraid 4.7.  I have sab and sickbeard running properly and updating but I cannot find a way to either update my Couchpotato to V2, or just start with V2 from scratch.

I wanted to ask before assuming anything, is this CouchPotato Server V2, or is this the original CouchPotato?  I am looking for an unmenu install of Couchpotato V2 that will work with Unraid 4.7.  I have sab and sickbeard running properly and updating but I cannot find a way to either update my Couchpotato to V2, or just start with V2 from scratch.

It is the older version.  I will see about getting something put out there so that V2 can be installed but I can't promise anything right now.  Just started with a new client so that has been absorbing a lot of my time.

I have been a bit terrified of updating, just in case something breaks at all with my existing system, whether it be permissions, users, or even just the other auto-run scripts I currently have installed with unmenu as well as just on startup manually like sab,sickbeard etc.  I also do not even know what version to go to, considering they are beta.

The latest version is 5.0 RC4. Meaning it's stable enough to be considered a release candidate. The upgrade process is not very hard. Delete a few files, replace a few and then run the script to update permissions to the new model used in 5. The instructions are in the release notes. Most or all of your databases and stuff from the packages for sab, etc can be used with the plugins. And if you're really that worried, make a back up of you flash drive.

You've got to make the upgrade at some point, so why not do it now? Plus, there are many more plugins out there than there are packages for unmenu. And they get update much more frequently. That's not meant to denigrate the people that make the unmenu packages but the plugin system is the way the vast majority of add-ons will be released in the future.

And in my personal experience, all my unmenu add-ons worked fine after upgrading. I think you're thinking this is a bigger deal than it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey prostuff

couchpotato had been updating just fine from within the web gui, but it is no longer the case. I am getting an error related to empty ident and update fails. Any ideas?

Here's the message in the log:

Cannot save the current index state
fatal: empty ident  <root@Tower.(none)> not allowed

Omit --global to set the identity only in this repository.
to set your account's default identity.

git config --global user.name "Your Name"
  git config --global user.email "[email protected]"

Run

*** Please tell me who you are.

19:55:01 ERROR [       app.config.updater] Failed updating via GIT: GitCommandFailedException: Command 'git stash save 1344556501.83' failed in /mnt/cache/.couchpotato (1):
19:55:01 INFO  [       app.config.updater] Updating
19:52:18 INFO  [       app.config.updater] Update available

After that it restarts itself

Thanks

EDIT: I am using your latest conf file but had been updating within the web gui on unraid 4.7

Thanks for the reply prostuff.

Further research reveals that v1 has been officially discontinued back in February. The last commit on Github was two months ago. I have no idea what the diff/update notification I am getting in couchpotato is all about, but I am just going to ignore it.

I guess when 5.0 stable is released I'll switch to it and use the v2 plugin.

Thanks again