YAMAHA RX-A1000 - $630 shipped

Rajahal

YAMAHA RX-A1000 7.2-Channel AVENTAGE Series High-end Network AV Receiver

$629.99 + free shipping after promo code EMCKCHB59 (expires 08/03/2011)

An full-featured receiver at a very good price.  I paid $800 for this about 6 months ago.  This thing's feature lists goes on and on, but what's especially notable for me is the ability to control the receiver over LAN/wifi.  There's a free iPhone/Android app that let's you control it from your smartphone...very cool.

I Just bought the RX-2000 for $500 less then retail. Same coupon code I think.  Total was 899.  I must agree the 1000-2000-3000 have incredible features.  One other note is the passive HDMI passthrough which allows you to watch HDMI inputs with the amplifier off. You can also switch inputs with it off.  Good job Yamaha

I Just bought the RX-2000 for $500 less then retail. Same coupon code I think.  Total was 899.  I must agree the 1000-2000-3000 have incredible features.  One other note is the passive HDMI passthrough which allows you to watch HDMI inputs with the amplifier off. You can also switch inputs with it off.  Good job Yamaha

I missed out on the RX-2000 deal back in July, are you saying that with this coupon code its back on? as the coupon above did not work for the RX-2000. Can you please check what coupon code you used and post please, thanks.

Separate question, can you set it to not use the video scaler on 1080P source (basically shutdown the video upscaler on 1080P -> 1080P, send it through pure.)?

Ah, I should have looked closer my coupon code was indeed different. Sorry for the confusion, also I can't really comment on the 1080p scaler. I ordered the amp, plugged it in and checked the basic function and then put the system into storage until I move into my house next month.  I didn't have any 1080p sources to look at. I was working off my apple tv2 an iPad2 and a thumb drive. I can check once I move into my house but you will prob find the answer before then. If not let me know I will be happy to test this for you.

...passive HDMI passthrough which allows you to watch HDMI inputs with the amplifier off. You can also switch inputs with it off....

I had no idea it could do that!  I'll have to check that out.

Definitely comes in handy for those late night sessions. 

Archived