Notification Flooding

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I'm often flooded with notifications of my cache drives being in a degraded state, healthy, and degraded. The process repeats. I'm almost to the point where I'd like to disable them all together.. but that won't solve the underlying problem.

I believe my docker.img lives on them, but I could be wrong. I know my appdata is cache preferred.

My meta data for my media library is stored on the array, along with anything related to downloading. Any downloaded has been told to go straight to the array.

Tips or tricks?

Mar 22 19:56:01 unraid kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): error, fat_free_clusters: deleting FAT entry beyond EOF
Mar 22 19:56:01 unraid kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Filesystem has been set read-only
Mar 22 19:56:01 unraid kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#0 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x00 driverbyte=DRIVER_OK cmd_age=0s
Mar 22 19:56:01 unraid kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#0 Sense Key : 0x7 [current]
Mar 22 19:56:01 unraid kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#0 ASC=0x27 ASCQ=0x0
Mar 22 19:56:01 unraid kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#0 CDB: opcode=0x2a 2a 00 00 07 65 09 00 00 01 00

Flash drive problems, you can try re-formatting it and if errors persist replace it.

• Thanks 1

Err.. I ain't seen a warning for SDA! o.0 Got a brand you recommend? NVMe or SATA-Doms work yet?

It's been SDB going yellow-gree-yellow-green in my notification boxes.

--

Maybe the MCE I got a few days ago was triggered by the USB drive.

Edited by SLNetworks
Added MCE comment

*facepalm* Fuck Crucial.. or have they behaved since then?

Unraid Cache 2 SMART health [197]: 27-03-2023 02:21
Warning [UNRAID] - current pending ecc cnt is 1
CT250MX500SSD1_************ (sdc)

Yep, that they are. However, when I try to de-select items and click Apply, they get re-selected. Not sure if it's a bug or not. I noticed my system wouldn't let me upgrade to 6.12.0-rc2 either. So I also have three pending plug-in updates. I need to see if someone has replied to me on that issue also.

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 2.46.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 2.46.11 AM.png

Edited by SLNetworks
Added images
3 hours ago, SLNetworks said:

However, when I try to de-select items and click Apply, they get re-selected. Not sure if it's a bug or not. I noticed my system wouldn't let me upgrade to 6.12.0-rc2 either

Where are you doing it. I also have a MX500 ssd, and I have pending sector warning disabled in disk settings

For RC, you need to select Next channel instead of Stable channel in settings. That will offer the RC. Or Do you mean it's offered but you cannot upgrade because of incompatible plug-ins? 

• 2 weeks later...

For future reference, if you have a corrupt USB key and wonder why when you uncheck drive attributes and they don't stick - replace your USB key or format and try your old one, restore your backup (you made one, right?), transfer your license (if you replaced USB key), and then it'll work.