2 data drives missing

Hello guys,  I was trying to upgrade my Unraid server and I think I messed up something.

Here is what I was trying to do. I have 4 - 4TB drives one was Parity. and the system was fine.

I was going to to try and install a 1 TB Party 2 drive and the motherboard had all the ATA hard disk filled up. So I installed a PCI 2 Port Sata card into the motherboard and the server noticed the new hard disk, but one of my data drives came up missing. So I took the PCI card back out the machine and removed the new hard disk I just installed.

I put everything back as it was and rebooted the machine.

This time two of my data drives is missing disk 2 and no device and disk 3 has no device. Both have a red "x" next to where the drive should be listed.

I didn't swap any data cables around.

Do you think the drives stop working?

Any advice?

IMG_4281.HEIC

So this is just an idea, not saying this is correct so don't take my advice to heart, but some motherboards share pcie and ATA slots, and if you try to install something on to both of them, they can cause this issue, try looking up your motherboard, or try changing the slot the pci card is in. Again, I'm not an expert in this, but I had something like this happen before and that is what caused it. Just trying to help.

Hey Guys,  My disk 2 did fail, it started making a noise like clicking hard. This drive was less then a year old. I ended up pulling out the drive and replacing it and rebuild the files and everything cleared up. All the drives are now up and running.

Edited by maddox-nola