Unraid randomly crashing requiring SSH reboot or forced shutdown

Hello,

I am to my wits end finally, and I am turning to forums for a last ditch effort. At least once a day, Unraid locks up and requires a forced reboot via SSH. Sometimes, even SSH will not respond, and I have to use the physical power button. I thought for sure it was because of my MacVLAN + static IP setup originally, but I had wanted to persevere to have visibility with my Unifi equipment into the containers on the network. Unfortunately, changing to IPVLAN did not solve the issue. I am still facing the same seemingly random lockups. I have tried new configs, rebuilding the array, changing from MacVLAN to IPVLAN, turning off VMs, disabling SMB sharing, removing all plugins, safemode, replacing dying disks, rebuilding parity, disabling parity, changing network configs, and new USB devices. I am on my 6th USB. I have attached my diagnostics. Is there anything you can see that might point me in the right direction to get my issues fixed?

unraid-diagnostics-20230330-1314.zip

6 minutes ago, robertomano24_24 said:

Will do. For further clarity, I am on 6.12.0rc2 after upgrading from the stable branch last week in hopes that the issue was a bug that might be solved in the update.

I have had two cases of random lockups (from several hours to several days) on Unraid.  I did have the macvlan issue with custom IP addresses on br0 and ended up creating a Docker VLAN to solve that.  For many, ipvlan is the solution (not for you, apparently)

The second was an issue with some plugins not playing well with my iGPU.  When I uninstalled the Intel GPU Top and GPU statistics plugins, the lockups disappeared.

These random lockups can have several contributing factors and usually do not come down to just Unraid/Linux kernel.  It is usually the interplay of several things that cause problems and that is often very difficult to troubleshoot.  Syslog may show something and it may not, especially if it is hardware related.