docker service not starting

Hi,

if i go to the docker Tab is get the following messages:

------------------

Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (Connection refused) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 712
Couldn't create socket: [111] Connection refused
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 898

Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (Connection refused) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 712
Couldn't create socket: [111] Connection refused
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 967

No Docker containers installed

----------------

History:

I had a problem with the cachedrive it was getting full. 

My appdate folder was on cache prefered so i stopped docker and set it to cache yes

Then i started the mover to get the cache drive more free space.

Mover runs but the cachedrive in not getting empty

Any hope to get docker back?

Thx for any help

Edited by Zappmax

in the logs i get many messages like this

Apr  5 22:17:11 Tower  move: create_parent: /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.themes/Ultimate-Maia-Blue-light/gtk-2.0/assets error: Read-only file system
Apr  5 22:17:11 Tower  move: file: /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.themes/Ultimate-Maia-Blue-light/gtk-2.0/assets/button-hover.png
Apr  5 22:17:11 Tower  move: create_parent: /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.themes/Ultimate-Maia-Blue-light/gtk-2.0/assets error: Read-only file system
Apr  5 22:17:11 Tower  move: file: /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.themes/Ultimate-Maia-Blue-light/gtk-2.0/assets/button-insensitive.png
Apr  5 22:17:11 Tower  move: file: /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.themes/Ultimate-Maia-Blue-light/gtk-2.0/assets/button.png
Apr  5 22:17:11 Tower  move: file: /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.themes/Ultimate-Maia-Blue-light/gtk-2.0/assets/checkbox-che

To possibly add to the @Zappmax post, yesterday, I started having issues with the container for Krusader. I posted about that here.

I navigated to SETTINGS | Docker and stopped the service and when I did, the Docker tab disappeared (as expected). When I tried to restart it, it spun for the longest time till I navigated to the SETTINGS tab and when I did, the Docker tab was visible. When I clicked it, the screen displayed "Docker Service failed to start.". When I navigate back to Settings | Docker, the Enable Docker setting is displaying Yes but the Status is indicating Stopped.

The unRAID logs aren't displaying anything to indicate that there is an issue.

I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. I'm running unRAID version 6.11.1 2022-10-06 and I've attached the docker.txt log output from the Diagnostics process.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

docker.txt

2 hours ago, jimdaway said:

To possibly add to the @Zappmax post, yesterday, I started having issues with the container for Krusader. I posted about that here.

I navigated to SETTINGS | Docker and stopped the service and when I did, the Docker tab disappeared (as expected). When I tried to restart it, it spun for the longest time till I navigated to the SETTINGS tab and when I did, the Docker tab was visible. When I clicked it, the screen displayed "Docker Service failed to start.". When I navigate back to Settings | Docker, the Enable Docker setting is displaying Yes but the Status is indicating Stopped.

The unRAID logs aren't displaying anything to indicate that there is an issue.

I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. I'm running unRAID version 6.11.1 2022-10-06 and I've attached the docker.txt log output from the Diagnostics process.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

docker.txt 140.55 kB · 0 downloads

Update:

I have rebooted the server a couple of times and the situation remains the same. I also noticed that the uptime indicator in the top right hasn't updated and on the bottom left of the screen, it is telling me that the Array is started and that it is "Starting services" but that message never finishes.

Hi, i finally restartet the server and my Dockers and VM's are back. It might be an issue because my 500G Chache ssd's are full. After restart it was not read only anymore and i could delete some files. I dont know up till now what is the problem. It might be a problem mit "duplicati" as docker container. Duplicati stores in appdate a lot of 1.54Gb files and i dont know why but because of Cache=prefer for appdata the cache runs out of memory.