Krusader copy data from external device to array

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hi unraid community,

I am new to UNRAID and have begun to kick off a copy from an external USB device ("unassigned device"), though I need to directly copy the data to the disk array instead of the cache pool.
The error I am receiving is the cache pool (NVMe) drive 1TB is filling up.

How can I ensure that copying data from external devices directly to the disk array is enabled.

The cache pool is much smaller in size as compared to the disk array and as this is the initial copy of ALL external data i need to resolve the disk full issue.

Thanks

The external USB device is WD_My_Passport_25E2 (4TB), though not sure if that's relevant.

In regards to share permission; for example the "Movies" share is set as "cache" so I now know that when copying to the array it will store here first.

image.thumb.png.6a8aa304fadedd32947260d964d47e55.png

Is there a way to copy data directly to the array or disks without disabling the "yes:cache" option?

1 hour ago, Jon Geo said:

The external USB device is WD_My_Passport_25E2 (4TB), though not sure if that's relevant.

In regards to share permission; for example the "Movies" share is set as "cache" so I now know that when copying to the array it will store here first.

image.thumb.png.6a8aa304fadedd32947260d964d47e55.png

Is there a way to copy data directly to the array or disks without disabling the "yes:cache" option?

The easiest thing to do will be to make sure that the Cache pool has a Minimum Free Space setting that is larger than the largest file you intend to transfer (we normally recommend 2 x to give some headway).   When the free space on the cache pool falls below this value then Unraid will start by-passing the cache for new files.

• Like 1