Usenet Apps UnRaid v5 Plugin

Benni-chan

Hi folks,

just wanted to let you know, that I'm working on a little plugin to start/stop SabNZBd, SickBeard and Couchpotato from the UnRaid webinterface.

This is just to start and stop the programs. You have to have the apps already installed. (Maybe there could be an autoinstall in a future version).

Also this plugin includes all dependencies needed for sabnzbd.

Attached is a screenshot of the interface (note: the picture is of an older development version. the interface has slightly changed).

As of now, I release this as a very alpha product. You can test it at your own risk. It should(!) work fine, but who knows...

To install, download the file and copy it on your flash drive into the folder "extra". if you don't have this folder, create it.

with the next boot of your machine, the plugin and the sabnzbd-dependencies will be installed.

if you don't want to reboot, telnet into your unraid and run this command:

installpkg /boot/extra/usenet_apps-0.2-i486-unRAID.tgz

to configure the plugin, simply go into the unraid webinterface -> utils -> Usenet Apps

Here you can enable the apps, you want to control with this plugin. Also select the user which should run the apps (i.e. root or nobody). (the folders and all files of the apps should be owned by this user!)

after you enabled the apps, you have to configure the path to the apps.

Note: This Plugin doesn't install the apps for you (yet). It can only start/stop them.

to run the apps at system start, add following lines to your go script

echo "/boot/custom/usenet/sabnzbd.sh" | at now +1 minute
echo "/boot/custom/usenet/couchpotato.sh" | at now +1 minute
echo "/boot/custom/usenet/sickbeard.sh" | at now +1 minute

Download:

v0.1 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5662200/usenet_apps-0.1-i486-unRAID.tgz

v0.2 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5662200/usenet_apps-0.2-i486-unRAID.tgz (MD5: a5c78c0887c7a03f3a8b9b3e58736814)

Note: This Plugin is and will be for UnRaid v5 only! (when the final plugin system is released, this will of course be updated).

Only tested with UnRaid v5b10.

Stokkes (gave me the idea with his plex plugin (which i also studied to find out, how to do this))

Romir (for the SabNZBd Dependencies package)

ToDo:

Change owner of apps according to user setting

install/update apps (at least sabnzbd, the others have their own update function)

Changelog:

v0.1: initial release

v0.2: quick fix for table styling bug when using simple features gui

usenetapps.png.83bae4bfd68a2c3088078e45fb2b1a92.png

yes, i used your plugin kinda as a template  ;D

i thought about splitting it up. maybe i really will split it up later. till then i have built in a switch to disable any component. the status is only shown for enabled components.

and i believe, that most people use all three apps :)

This is great!

Stokkes, are these plug-ins a preview of the plug-in system for unRaid 5? Your Plex plugin was the first one I encountered the was implemented in a new way with the unraid system.

The plugin system has not even really been implemented.  The true plugin system will be more than the current ones you see.

This is great!

Stokkes, are these plug-ins a preview of the plug-in system for unRaid 5? Your Plex plugin was the first one I encountered the was implemented in a new way with the unraid system.

The plugin system has not even really been implemented.  The true plugin system will be more than the current ones you see.

I see. Can't wait to see and use the upcoming plugin system. Thanks prostuff1 for chiming in.

ok, that's funny, because i use chrome on the mac, too.

but i will have a look at it

edit:

in your screenshot it looks like you are using the simple features plugin.

i don't have that plugin running, so maybe there is a problem.

i will install it and have a look around

ok, just posted a quick fix for the table bug when using simple features gui.

should look ok now

Thanks for the update but the new package isn't working at all:

Verifying package usenet_apps-0.2-i486-unRAID.tgz.

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
Installing package usenet_apps-0.2-i486-unRAID.tgz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
WARNING:  Package has not been created with 'makepkg'
Package usenet_apps-0.2-i486-unRAID.tgz installed.

That's what I get when I install it.  Any ideas?

i'll have a look at it, once i'm at home.

maybe you downloaded it, while i was still uploading. try to download it again.

Edit:

I just uploaded it again (to make sure, the file is ok) and tested it again.

It works fine on my station.

control the md5 checksum, if it still doesn't work: a5c78c0887c7a03f3a8b9b3e58736814

Archived