Cannot delete containers nor find docker.img

Go to solution Solved by dagifted,

Hello everyone, 

ok there's a lot going on and I need help with the docker service. I can not run, start, stop or remove any of my containers.

Background

I was able to install and configure the following containers without any issues: Home assistant; mariadb; nextcloud; plex; swag and vault warden. However I had to move my unraid to server to a different server and that's the trouble started

The issue

Issue #1

I was not able to stop/start the containers because it kept saying, there's another container running with that name. Therefore I decided to remove them. I tried to delete but I got the following error:

image.png.b44a2845d3806dc7dee6846532a5202e.png

Issue #2

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/images/mariadb-icon.png): failed to open stream: Input/output error in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 93

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/images/swag-icon.png): failed to open stream: Input/output error in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 93

Issue #3

I tried to delete the docker.img file in order to start over but can't find anyway and not even in the location specified in the docker settings

image.png.96c47057bbf2348aef2ecdf85185912b.png

please see my attached diagnostic attached

tower-diagnostics-20230501-1059.zip

1 minute ago, dagifted said:

I tried to delete the docker.img file in order to start over but can't find anyway and not even in the location specified in the docker settings

You need to stop the docker service before you can delete docker.img.  You likely have a corrupt docker.img and deleting it is what you need to do.  A new one will be created when you restart the docker service.

image.thumb.png.429cc830f6467cb95499015f6f40c2fb.png

@Hoopster thank you for responding. Thank you for pointing out the checkbox, I tried to do it manually via the command line. However, despite stopping the service as I did previously, I still cannot find the docker.img file and everything else is the same in terms of the issues I am facing.

Edited by dagifted
  • 1 month later...