Cant Connect to the App Store or Unraid Connect

Hi

i got these two error suddenly. THe App store is not working. I did try to chnage the DNS. Is used before the one from my Unifi not i changed to 8.8.8.8 same thing.

i also cant connect my server to Unraid connect.
I can ping devices from my terminal.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-07 um 08.15.18.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-07 um 08.15.24.png

40 minutes ago, ADAM1103 said:

Hi Squid, how do you think this can be a problem with motherboard bios i'll try to change battery on MB because my NAS was 8 days off and when i back and turn on this start happen.

Thanks for help.

Regards,

If you keep losing the time when you power the server off then on it almost certainly means the BIOS battery is flat and needs changing.

• Like 1

Hi,

I've been having this issue. 
It fixes when I reboot Unraid but after around 54h later the Unraid Connect goes down and afterwards Iose access to the appstore even though everything works...

I can access unRAID GUI, all my containers are accessible, from within and outside my network.. only the connect and app goes down

I got emails from netdata stating that some of my containers are unhealthy which also portainer corroborates, and when I try to force update to recreate I get an error:

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: write /var/run/docker/containerd/daemon/io.containerd.runtime.v2.task/moby/eaf2655f1495852668df4ffb652c12a292c7d7d76c6b05d7387854c037228349/.init.pid: no space left on device: unknown.

and container goes down.

Any thoughts?

dracul-diagnostics-20230524-2042.zip

Edited by Draculya

Have you tried settings static DNS addresses in Settings - Network settings as CA suggests?

Also, is there a reason (not your problem though) why you have the system share set to use cache NO (ie, your docker image is on disk 2 with the subsequent performance hit)

And it looks like there's an issue with how you've got your GPU set up as errors as spamming the logs).

Only other suggestion is to delete and recreate the docker image to solve your issue.

13 hours ago, Squid said:

Have you tried settings static DNS addresses in Settings - Network settings as CA suggests?

Also, is there a reason (not your problem though) why you have the system share set to use cache NO (ie, your docker image is on disk 2 with the subsequent performance hit)

And it looks like there's an issue with how you've got your GPU set up as errors as spamming the logs).

Only other suggestion is to delete and recreate the docker image to solve your issue.

Hi,

Thx for replying :)

The DNS settings for IPv4 are set to static and for IPv6 are dynamic and never had this issue until recently, starting last week and what I saw was exactly the time frame that is happens.

After a reboot, everything is working correctly, even the containers that are marked as unhealthy.

Regarding the system share is as it is by default, only changed the appdata to use cache. Should it be set to yes?

The GPU I don't know what is wrong with it, I have the nvidia driver plugin and gpu statics to be able to use it for plex and jellyfin transcoding and I it works for a while but it also loses connection for some reason... maybe i should replace it for another one since this was my old GPU and was lying around since I upgraded 3 years ago before the rise of the GPU prices.

52 minutes ago, Draculya said:

Regarding the system share is as it is by default, only changed the appdata to use cache. Should it be set to yes?

Prefer.  But to fix things up you need to stop the docker and VM services in Settings and then run Mover from main.  After its finished moving stuff you can re-enable docker and vm

Hi,

Need help since it's gone again...

I attached an updated diagnostics and also noticed  that the temperature information is haywire and on the community apps I also have this error that appears under the menu tabs:

image.thumb.png.abb4755d999d56bd85c08211c8e31e01.png

Also on the main tab I have this error on the bottom:
Warning: file_put_contents(): Only -1 of 173 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php on line 715

And the Stop button for the array is "flashing" transioning from greyed out to be available and also the move button is having the same behaviour

I also added to the DNS settings the google (8.8.8.8) and cloudflare (1.1.1.1) DNS.

The server can access outside the network since the container speedtest tracker was able to run a speed test on speedtest.net servers.

I had the array offline for almost 48h to replace a drive for a bigger one and the preclear and rebuild took a while and docker and vm was disabled through the process.

I'm only having this for the last almost 2 weeks and I have the server with the same configs for almost 6 months.

The first time was that I had duckdns disabled and I went to wiregard vpn settings in Unraid and everything just went berserk.

Any further help will be much appreciated.

dracul-diagnostics-20230529-2358.zip

Edited by Draculya
added information and removed quote from previous
On 5/30/2023 at 12:20 AM, Draculya said:

Hi,

Need help since it's gone again...

I attached an updated diagnostics and also noticed  that the temperature information is haywire and on the community apps I also have this error that appears under the menu tabs:

image.thumb.png.abb4755d999d56bd85c08211c8e31e01.png

Also on the main tab I have this error on the bottom:
Warning: file_put_contents(): Only -1 of 173 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php on line 715

And the Stop button for the array is "flashing" transioning from greyed out to be available and also the move button is having the same behaviour

I also added to the DNS settings the google (8.8.8.8) and cloudflare (1.1.1.1) DNS.

The server can access outside the network since the container speedtest tracker was able to run a speed test on speedtest.net servers.

I had the array offline for almost 48h to replace a drive for a bigger one and the preclear and rebuild took a while and docker and vm was disabled through the process.

I'm only having this for the last almost 2 weeks and I have the server with the same configs for almost 6 months.

The first time was that I had duckdns disabled and I went to wiregard vpn settings in Unraid and everything just went berserk.

Any further help will be much appreciated.

dracul-diagnostics-20230529-2358.zip 194.1 kB · 0 downloads

Hi,

Almost like clockwork, it's down again....

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Attached is the latest diagnostics

dracul-diagnostics-20230601-1427.zip

On 6/1/2023 at 2:32 PM, Draculya said:

Hi,

Almost like clockwork, it's down again....

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Attached is the latest diagnostics

dracul-diagnostics-20230601-1427.zip 182.39 kB · 3 downloads

And again...

2 days and 16h being fine and lost connectivity with Unraid Connect and apps, but the containers have outside access:

image.thumb.png.e02e46f0d654106844896ab246f060ac.png

image.thumb.png.17de15c2284bdb78a56294b3a176afe7.png

I can access Plex and stream outside the network, speedtest tracker is able to request and perform speed tests in speedtest.net..

Latest diagnostics file attached...

Going to reboot again...

image.png

dracul-diagnostics-20230604-1138.zip

On 6/4/2023 at 2:19 PM, Squid said:

Try the suggestions here

Hi,

I've stopped Portainer and Netdata container since it seemed to be the ones reporting issues with the containers and also followed your suggestion above and for now since it has passed 3 days since the last reboot and everything is working that I believe the problem is solved.

I'll be starting one container at a time to pin point if one or both were causing the problem or if was something else.

Thx for all the help @Squid

4 hours ago, Draculya said:

I'll be starting one container at a time to pin point if one or both were causing the problem or if was something else.

I read somewhere (too lazy to search for it now) that Plex in debug mode would cause it.