Network keep switching to 100mbps

Go to solution Solved by Frank1940,

13 minutes ago, dlikhten said:

didnt intentionally activate bonding. How do I stop?

Easy. Stop Array, go to "network setting" in the gui and set Bonding to "no"

grafik.thumb.png.7e7b81f628092a56f5a5066be8661682.png

the almost topmost below the MAC-Address, here called "Netzwerkbündelung aktivieren:"

But, it does not harm, and has nothing to do with your 100mbs problem. Its just a cheap way to save some computing power by eliminating an unused detour. Maybe LimeTech should set the default to "no", almost nobody needs bonding or does know what it is and what it can do (mostly people think of features it NOT can do and are complaining then)

this is an old computer

I saw this already from your diagnostic. Does not matter, it should work.

Buying an old PCI LAN card might be expensive and maybe not the brightest idea too (you will get an old lan chip again, so the same risk of failure may happen).

Maybe you should look for a (used?) PCI VGA card and get a new PCIe NIC ?

I saw some old stuff for less than 10$ at ebay once and PCIe 1G NICs are also less than 10$ (new)

grafik.png

Edited by MAM59
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all that info. I actually have an old i7 2nd gen + motherboard laying around in a box, I might just replace the entire mobo and be done with it. Ironically I actually think the NIC finally kicked the bucket last night. Either that or something else is happening since its no longer accessible to my network even after a restart.