GUID validation and payment method.

Hi I am new her but I have been reading here in forums for almost a month now.

I have a couple of questions that I haven’t been able to find answers for. But let me please be clear first that I am not a hardware guy. I have a couple of WD Network drives and a 2 bay Synology NAS  on a home network for media storage. I also have an i5 Windows machine that I use for Plex which is good for transcoding. Just recently one of WD drive died. Lots of personal files lost and lesson learnt. 

I am now looking into building an Unraid server but I will probably buy myself a prebuilt refurbished workstation and try the trial version first before buying the license key but the hardware isn’t my main problem here, at least for now I have other issues. 

The first thing I would like to know before buying the license key (perhaps at the time of trial) that the flash drive I will be using for trial is GUID approved (not black listed). This is important because the minimum online ordering time, in this part of the world at least takes a good two weeks sometimes more. Can’t be waiting for two weeks to find out later that the flash drive I ordered doesn’t have a legit GUID either. So my question is 

How to find out that the flash drive one is using for trial is good for paid version too ? 

Other question, is about the payment method. I need to know weather I will be able to make a purchase of license key via visa debit cards. Again, Stripe and PayPal is not an option in this part of world. I can only buy the hardware, the prebuilt workstation as I have mentioned earlier after making sure it won’t be a waste of money later after finding out that I can’t even buy a license with my Visa card. 

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, AY.Z said:

How to find out that the flash drive one is using for trial is good for paid version too ? 

Hey there- if you can start a trial, you are good to go with the paid version. 

3 hours ago, AY.Z said:

visa debit cards.

You should be fine here but if you have any issues, please contact support

What part of the world are you in? Thanks 

Hi thanks for info. This is really helpful. 

I am in the northern region of Pakistan. A small town on the farthest hills of one of the provinces actually. We suffer from terribly slow internet in this region but we are now used to it. We have other bigger problems and internet is the least of them. As I said before PayPal and Stripe aren’t even an option in the country. 

I am going to get myself a prebuilt used machine next week. I am thinking DellT7500. Will buy 3, new 4 to 6 TB Seagate Ironwolf (not pro) for array with one parity and an SSD for cache, because there’s not much I do besides Plex. 

Currently the media is on several hard disks on Windows machine, Synology NAS and WD “My Cloud” network drives. 

Thanks.