We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Changing servers, old unraid install doesn't see new nic

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello, I am trying to switch from an old dell R720 to an old desktop I had sitting around.  When I boot up from my USB that I have unraid running from, the new install doesn't seem to see the NIC, or at least it isn't getting an IP address.  I have confirmed there is a heartbeat, and when I was running a new install of unRAID it had no problems with the NIC.  I have disabled bonding and bridging, and even when I assign a static IP that should work unRAID just tells me that there may be a cable unplugged.  That's not the case though.

It's hard to get logs because there's no internet access, and for now the USB is plugged back into the old server (where the internet is working just fine).  But I can boot it up if more information is needed, I'm hoping there's just something obvious I'm missing.  Is there something I should be aware of when going from enterprise grade hardware down to consumer stuff and trying to bring an existing unRAID install?

• 2 weeks later...