How do I use NFS to access a share on one Unraid array from another Unraid array?

RasterEyes
Go to solution Solved by RasterEyes,

I've been using SMB to back up one array to another array. That was very easy to set up, and works well except for one thing - I can't duplicate symbolic links.

So I'd like to try using NFS. So far, it's maddening. All attempts to connect are refused no matter what I try. I'd think the simplest, albeit lowest-security way to do this would be to set the security of a share to "Public". But even using "Public", I can't get the share to mount.

Since the GUI simply fails to mount the remote share without providing an error message, I tried mounting from a terminal.

root@Terminus:~# mount -t nfs 192.168.42.12:/video /mnt/temp
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.42.12:/video

I've tried "Private" as the host security setting too, so I could configure the rules in various ways with an allowed IP address, root_squash, no_root_squash, etc., etc. Nothing works. My user and group ids already match between my two arrays, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'll admit I don't understand the NFS security model very well, but I'd hope there's some simple way to do this, even if it's a low-security method. My server doesn't have any sensitive data -- it's just video for entertainment purposes, and can only be accessed from within my home LAN.

What am I missing? My array has been too busy to reboot it with different logging options, so I'm putting that off for now. Besides, I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple, and that a deep diagnostic dive isn't required to solve this problem.