[Support] mpcdigitize – rradio

Overview: Support for Docker image rradio in the mpcdigitize repo.

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/mpcdigitize/rradio

Download from Unraid App Store

504448247_Screenshot2023-06-06at6_25_50AM.thumb.png.499ffec0c90c1e657b0f1bd05b0d1747.png

1979717322_Screenshot2023-06-06at6_26_25AM.thumb.png.8af5feca38650f3d9c7c29fbdeca7d2b.png

596146488_Screenshot2023-06-06at6_26_58AM.thumb.png.6f330fe3146c1ba39e2549f9c82409e4.png

1214189320_Screenshot2023-06-06at6_27_26AM.thumb.png.98dca6f5b072c602632e65e6499bab87.png

Description:

rradio is an internet radio stream recorder and player. Schedule and record multiple radio streams in a background. Play recorder shows on your phone, on desktop or in tablet browser. Pause and resume where you left off. Import recordings into your favorite podcasting phone application.

• Supported formats: AAC, Mp3, FLAC

• Recording format Mp3 up to 320kbps

• Record multiple streams at the same time

• Verify streaming URL

• Support for stations with multiple URLs

• Scheduling recording

• Select recording days

• Select recording duration

• Select recording bitrate

• Select how long to keep recorded file

• Two different recording modes

• Continuous (one single file from start to finish)

• Hourly (recording starts every hour. Example: recording starts at 8AM and duration of recording is 3 hours.  Recordings will start at 8AM, 9AM and 10AM. Each part will be 1 hour long. Total of 3 files are created

• Recorded files are accessible in desktop Internet browser or on mobile devices

• Play/Pause on you phone. Continue playback on different device

• Podcast support

• Each recorded show is turned into a podcast feed

• Copy/Paste a feed and import it into your favorite podcasting application

Application is for personal and non-commercial use only.

Application does not contain any media guide or external links. Radio Stations make streaming URL available on their websites in a Support section.

docker run -d \
 --net='bridge'  \
  --name='rradio'  \
  --net='bridge' \
  -e TZ="America/New_York" \
  -e 'PUID'='99' \
  -e 'PGID'='100' \
  -p 8385:80 \
  -v /path/to/data:/config \
  -v /path/to/media:/media \
 mpcdigitize/rradio:latest

1938169428_Screenshot2023-06-06at7_16_25AM.thumb.png.5827bcf5480e608ba4e915098bbf64df.png

Edited by PeteL
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a personal project that I have created for myself. I decided to make it available to the community. I did not plan to make the code available publicly.

Application can be downloaded from Unraid App Store

What exactly you have a problem with? Installation or how to use it?

You have to obtain valid URL of the Radio Station you want to record. These URLs can be found in Radio Station's FAQ or Support section. You can also use Google search to find URL you are interested in.

1. Add Station

675c7c6b-b7cd-42a3-a311-dd51d8ccb6c9

2. Verify URL

5f94af15-71ca-4036-8699-5894f6dbea8c

3. Fill in Station details and Save

48e1dd17-7e8e-474b-af14-a772453ef2fb

4. Select newly added Station to schedule recording

cdc997d3-dc5d-4877-bfd3-fbfd57ae6777

5.  Click on clock icon to setup recording

96150b64-af4e-4949-a4b7-9feec333a765

6.  Use Ctrl key on your keyboard to select multiple days. Select starting time and duration (24Hrs instead of AM & PM)

Continuous recording method will create 1 single file.

Hourly recording method will create multiple hourly episodes when selected duration is greater than 1 hour

Select how long you want to keep recorded shows.

d92cc130-019e-46be-bb05-d8e9231c76c1

7.  Scheduled recording is visible in Home Screen

18abf399-9326-4e3d-8e71-833ad695563e

8. In order to make recordings available as podcast feed, we have to specify server location either as IP address

or as DNS address. Once shows are recorded feeds are created & updated automatically.

You may want to navigate to rradio IP address on your phone and copy feed url and add it to your podcasting app.

6b86ceb2-d9cb-4d96-89d9-d14bad86d8f4

Application performs maintenance and database back up on daily basis at 4 AM

Timezone -  application relies on server's timezone. It should be set automatically during installation.

You can verify Timezone in containers log. When you start application, Timezone should be the first entry in the log.

Timezone is in UTC format

Some station have multiple URLs. 

URL address can be tagged

If you want to hide URL from being displayed in Live section use tag [hide]

6b5ebc6b-f840-4cee-99b7-716a24d84fa2

Please let me know if you have any questions

Edited by PeteL

Including Station's URLs with the app may violate publisher's copyrights. For that reason, I do not plan to add any links or media guide.

Recently BBC changed their streaming format and removed older URLs. Google search revealed that BBC uses HLS format. Unfortunately links that you may find are incorrect.

and no other links can be found. I was able to identify correct URL, however FFMPEG stopped recording only after couple seconds. Streaming through the browser was also not possible.  

Hi,

I have a problem with the Timezone, because it will be record at UTC-08:00 

My Unraid is set to UTC+01:00, so the recordtime ins wrong.

2023-06-21 01:19:21 [TIME_ZONE] (UTC-08:00) GMT-08:00
2023-06-21 01:19:21 [INFO]  (Checking database)
2023-06-21 01:19:21 [INFO]  (Restoring existing scheduled jobs)
2023-06-21 01:19:21 [INFO]  (Success! Restoration completed)

(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

NTP => time1.google.com => time4.google.com

I hope you can help me, thx 

It seems that when new container is created it is bound to Unraid's system date & time. I was not able to find any option that would allow to disable it for specific container. However I was able to change container's internal TimeZone. This what you will have to do:

1. Remove container & image

2. Add new container and add new variable to the template

27a895c8-a636-41ef-a6e3-a4d98dd301cc 

Set Default Value and Value fields to your timezone

All valid linux timezones can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones

Default Value will overwrite Unraid's system timezone

I set timezone to Europe/Dublin, my Unraid's timezone is America/NewYork

3. Check container's log

d49f1fe9-2774-4d19-8236-2eef68a1e1cd

4. Go to dashboard and verify timezone

Note the times when jobs will start (Next execution)

20118bcb-e3fa-4505-8a17-a43267c12af3

Please let me know if this solved your problem.

Edited by PeteL
On 6/20/2023 at 12:48 PM, gbull93 said:

Is it possible to add BBC radio stations?

I was able to find working BBC streams

https://en.everybodywiki.com/List_of_BBC_radio_stream_URLs

You should use HLS streams. Note that there are Worldwide & UK only streams

Click on the link. Download it. Open file with text editor and copy/paste url

I have tested BBC 1 and BBC 4 urls. They work and they can be recorded, however streaming in a browser is not possible as this format is not supported.

2023-07-01 08:51:13 [INFO]  (Executing job 0-4)
2023-07-01 08:51:13 [INFO]  (Job registered: True.)
2023-07-01 08:51:13 [INFO]  (Aborting)

I have a heck of a time trying to record shows.  I cant see to find anymore errors. The radio station plays just fine in this app.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:35 PM, zogg44 said:

I had to switch the network to a custom IP to be able to log in, but it's working well otherwise. Would love to be able to use custom graphics images if possible for the stations and recordings. Otherwise, great job and thanks for sharing!

Sorry for the delay. I was away for couple days.

Yes, you can set custom images for both stations and recordings. Simply select image in jpg or png format when setting up or editing station and scheduling recording.

828a8303-6b45-46e1-900c-c75e7b3801e4

1fc3aec2-12f7-4505-9e83-04d3bc27aa6d

11 hours ago, mkono87 said:

2023-07-01 08:51:13 [INFO]  (Executing job 0-4)
2023-07-01 08:51:13 [INFO]  (Job registered: True.)
2023-07-01 08:51:13 [INFO]  (Aborting)

I have a heck of a time trying to record shows.  I cant see to find anymore errors. The radio station plays just fine in this app.

If you could please share the URL you are trying to record from. 

I need little more details what happens when you trying to record.

When we schedule repeating recording, by default each job can be triggered only once during a day. This is to prevent creating duplicates.

In this particular example job 0-4 was already triggered and executed. Hence, any subsequent attempt is aborted. I do not recommend triggering jobs directly from a dashboard, unless you want to test if recording will work. Then, you will have to create new scheduled job and go directly to dashboard and trigger job. Go to container log and see if the job was registered, ffmpeg command line arguments and post processing.

To get to dashboard

http://IPADDRESS:PORT/dashboard

Recordings are performed in temp folder

/appdata/rradio/temp

Please check this folder. It is possible that ffmpeg stopped recording at some point

4 hours ago, PeteL said:

Sorry for the delay. I was away for couple days.

Yes, you can set custom images for both stations and recordings. Simply select image in jpg or png format when setting up or editing station and scheduling recording.

Ah, thanks. It wasn't clear to me what the File Selection was for, so perhaps a bit better description for the next release would be nice. No complaints, though, I've wanted something like this for a while and it works great so many thanks!

Edited by zogg44
10 hours ago, PeteL said:

If you could please share the URL you are trying to record from. 

I need little more details what happens when you trying to record.

When we schedule repeating recording, by default each job can be triggered only once during a day. This is to prevent creating duplicates.

In this particular example job 0-4 was already triggered and executed. Hence, any subsequent attempt is aborted. I do not recommend triggering jobs directly from a dashboard, unless you want to test if recording will work. Then, you will have to create new scheduled job and go directly to dashboard and trigger job. Go to container log and see if the job was registered, ffmpeg command line arguments and post processing.

To get to dashboard

http://IPADDRESS:PORT/dashboard

Recordings are performed in temp folder

/appdata/rradio/temp

Please check this folder. It is possible that ffmpeg stopped recording at some point

I have seen the the ffmpeg line arguments before but nothing seem to record regardless. Il remove the scheduled recordings and try again. This is was only radio I have tried. https://bayshore-ais.leanstream.co/CISOFM-MP3?args=tunein_01

2 hours ago, mkono87 said:

I have seen the the ffmpeg line arguments before but nothing seem to record regardless. Il remove the scheduled recordings and try again. This is was only radio I have tried. https://bayshore-ais.leanstream.co/CISOFM-MP3?args=tunein_01

I tested URL and it works correctly. Try to schedule new recording using different show name & time.

Do short test recording for 1-2 minutes using continuous method.

If you can please post container log including info when job is registered, arguments and post processing.

Also, please check recording log. You will find it on Jobs page. Each individual job name has it's own log. Click on the note icon left to the clock icon.

It should have a start date & time, end date & time and ffmpeg exit code

There could be different reasons for this issue.

What options are you trying to use for scheduled job? 

Please ensure that both config & media folders are set correctly in the container template.

Also, check the appdata/rradio/temp folder and see are there any incomplete recorded files.

It is possible that ffnpeg stops recording because of incorrect folder permissions.

11 hours ago, PeteL said:

I tested URL and it works correctly. Try to schedule new recording using different show name & time.

Do short test recording for 1-2 minutes using continuous method.

If you can please post container log including info when job is registered, arguments and post processing.

Also, please check recording log. You will find it on Jobs page. Each individual job name has it's own log. Click on the note icon left to the clock icon.

It should have a start date & time, end date & time and ffmpeg exit code

There could be different reasons for this issue.

What options are you trying to use for scheduled job? 

Please ensure that both config & media folders are set correctly in the container template.

Also, check the appdata/rradio/temp folder and see are there any incomplete recorded files.

It is possible that ffnpeg stops recording because of incorrect folder permissions.

It seems to be working now. I have removed the schedules instead of editing them. Looked like worked after doing a min test.

Hi, stumbled upon this app and had astrange problem. I couldn't see any options/buttons/settings whatsoever... 

If you come across the same thing - change your zoom settings in your browser! (solved it by accident while trying to get a screenshot for here)

Looks like the attachment. Maybe some notebook users will have the same issue.

Now to get me some radio 😍

Cheers and thank you for your work

Unbenannt.JPG

3 hours ago, Haggis said:

Hi, stumbled upon this app and had astrange problem. I couldn't see any options/buttons/settings whatsoever... 

If you come across the same thing - change your zoom settings in your browser! (solved it by accident while trying to get a screenshot for here)

Looks like the attachment. Maybe some notebook users will have the same issue.

Now to get me some radio 😍

Cheers and thank you for your work

It looks like not everything was loaded properly. On windows, hold Ctrl and press F5 and on Mac hold Shift and click on Reload icon.

This should solve the problem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 12:07 PM, PeteL said:

I was able to find working BBC streams

https://en.everybodywiki.com/List_of_BBC_radio_stream_URLs

You should use HLS streams. Note that there are Worldwide & UK only streams

Click on the link. Download it. Open file with text editor and copy/paste url

I have tested BBC 1 and BBC 4 urls. They work and they can be recorded, however streaming in a browser is not possible as this format is not supported.

and 6 music works too (PS streamed ok in MacOS safari)

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to trigger a recording using the command line?

I'm trying to automate recording the radio during baseball games. I have a calendar service set up in HomeBridge, and another service that can run commands at the start and end of events.

Alternatively, the ability to import a .ics file and use that for scheduling instead would be fantastic.

On 10/9/2023 at 9:04 PM, jmello said:

Is it possible to trigger a recording using the command line?

I'm trying to automate recording the radio during baseball games. I have a calendar service set up in HomeBridge, and another service that can run commands at the start and end of events.

Alternatively, the ability to import a .ics file and use that for scheduling instead would be fantastic.

Interesting idea. I did not try triggering a job using command line. To tell the truth I don't think it's possible. Job Dispatcher needs to receive two pieces of information, job number and processing type. I think API would be more suitable for such a scenario.

As for second suggestion. It sounds more like Record button (on/off). I will have to take a closer look at HomeBridge.

• 2 weeks later...

This is unintended feature that I tested myself. Application was not developed for that purpose, however it is possible to import other media files like audiobooks or podcasts as long they are in mp3 format and have Artist and Album id3 tags. Application will create rrs podcasting feeds. The only downside is that files are not in order.