Unraid crash every ~ 2-3 weeks

HI,

I have since some month issues with Unraid, it's after 2/3 weeks not reachable, so I need to start it. I Downloaded the logfiles, but for me it looks like that it only have logs which are after the crash and reboot are availabel , so I can't see what happed. I'm not on new intel I have i5-9400 CPU so this should not be an issue.

Please let me know what I can do to get logs with crertent information which I can pass to the forum here.

Local syslog server is anebaled and set to 100 MB. But I can't see any logs on the location I set up. 

Thanks

37 minutes ago, derbe said:

I can post Diagnostic, but it only show any log after the crash. Not sure if this helps.

unraid_log.png

tower-diagnostics-20230617-2014.zip 114.48 kB · 0 downloads

these syslog server settings only set up the server to receive syslog entries from elsewhere.   If you want entries from this server you either use the Mirror to Flash option (best and easiest) or put the IP address of this server into the Remote syslog server field.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, derbe said:

How can I access the Stick logs?

Simplest is to shutdown, put flash drive in your PC, copy logs to your PC.

The contents of flash can also be accessed while still in a running Unraid server. You have to share it on the network in its settings.

Hi, sorry for my late anwser. I check logs here: /var/log/syslog  I can only see everythin after crash and reboot. Logs start at 11:59:27 which is after crash . Crash was ~2 min before that.

Please let me where I exact need to serach for all logs. I could not find out. Thanks

5 minutes ago, derbe said:

Hi, sorry for my late anwser. I check logs here: /var/log/syslog  I can only see everythin after crash and reboot. Logs start at 11:59:27 which is after crash . Crash was ~2 min before that.

Please let me where I exact need to serach for all logs. I could not find out. Thanks

If you want logs that survive s crash/reboot then you need to enable the syslog server.

If you mirror to flash drive, that is on the boot flash drive in the logs folder.

If you set it to log to a different path, you also have to tell it which server you want to log it to.

18 minutes ago, itimpi said:

set the Unraid server’s IP address into the remote server address.

It looks like quite a lot of your plugins are badly out of date, and some them I think may not be compatible with the 6.12.x series so you want to get them all up-to-date.   You should also update to the 6.12.3 Unraid release as there have quite a few fixes made since the 6.12.0release that you appear to be running from your last diagnostics.   I would suggest also installing the Fix Common Problems plugin as that helps with identifying obvious issues.