v6.12.1 - Unraid Disk 1 disk utilization, Disk 1 is low on space (96%)

Go to solution Solved by masterchef,

I am new to Unraid but not computers of Windows. I am currently running Version 6.12.1 with a 6TB Parity Drive and a second 4TH Parity Drive plus a 2TB nvem chip and 1 data pool of 14 drives, in a range of 2TB, 4TB & 6TB drives. I have begun to move data over the network from my Windows machines and i am now getting the following error message "Unraid Disk 1 disk utilization, Disk 1 is low on space (96%)".  My Parity Drive is A 6TB drive and shows 0 reads but growing writes with no errors and no entry for the File System or the size.  The second drive ( Disk 1) in the parity section shows reads, writes,  FS xfs, size and used (currently 3.87TB). This section reads array of 2 devices, reads, writes, no errors, blank FS, size 4TB, used and available.

What`s wrong here, I thought that the data would be stored on the pool of drives and the parity drives held pointers to copies of the data within the pool or pools. The current single pool I have contains drives that the system has names Tankone, Tanktwo etc.

Some help and advice here please as its clear the data is not currently being written to the pool?

Unraide.thumb.PNG.5b08c4c9dc36829f010d33abcdca128d.PNG

17 minutes ago, masterchef said:

Some help and advice here please as its clear the data is not currently being written to the pool?

That will depend on the cache setting for the share(s), click on the share and depending on which Unraid release you are running select cache=yes or the pool as primary storage.

"Some help and advice here please as its clear the data is not currently being written to the pool?

That will depend on the cache setting for the share(s), click on the share and depending on which Unraid release you are running select cache=yes or the pool as primary storage."

Will the system move the data to the pool after the change?

Mover can be executed manually by using the Mover button on the Main tab.    It is also normally set to be executed automatically overnight (at time under Settings->Scheduler).

Note that files for the system and domains shares will only be moved if the Docker and VM services are disabled.