6.12.2 - Dashboard is no longer accessible

Go to solution Solved by snowboardjoe,

6 minutes ago, snowboardjoe said:

I upgraded to 6.12.2 last week and just noticed today I can no longer get the Dashboard tab to load. All other tabs load properly. The Dashboard is simply a blank screen when selected. No errors reported in log. The Main tab shows all resources and the array are healthy.

Likely you have a plugin that is not compatible. Which ones do you have? Maybe post diagnostics

I upgraded to 6.12.2 last week and just noticed today I can no longer get the Dashboard tab to load. All other tabs load properly. The Dashboard is simply a blank screen when selected. No errors reported in log. The Main tab shows all resources and the array are healthy.
Do you have the disk location plug in installed?

If so Uninstall it. I had to remove it from both my servers to get dashboard to display again.

Seems to be related to when the disks spin down.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Solution
6 minutes ago, Krassh said:

Do you have the disk location plug in installed?

If so Uninstall it. I had to remove it from both my servers to get dashboard to display again.

Seems to be related to when the disks spin down.

Disk location is installed. I just ran an update on that plugin and updated all Docker containers. The Dashboard came back. Not entirely sure which issue resolved the problem, but the Docker container update likely spun up all disks noting your issue that you found. I will keep an eye on this.

1 minute ago, snowboardjoe said:

Just ran update assistant and it reports there are no issues.

You should boot in Safe mode to disable plugins being loaded and then see if the dashboard loads.  If it does you then know you have a plugin installed that is incompatible with the 6.12.x releases and you can start looking into which one it is.

Disk location is installed. I just ran an update on that plugin and updated all Docker containers. The Dashboard came back. Not entirely sure which issue resolved the problem, but the Docker container update likely spun up all disks noting your issue that you found. I will keep an eye on this.
I did the update on disk location and didn't fix my issue. There is a support thread from developer on this issue with the plugin

• Like 1

Yeah back before April the developer had changed it for 6.12rc's which broke those on 6.11.5. He wasn't going to fix 6.11.5 but decided to at the beginning of April.

I'm guessing something's hosed now. From what I could read in the support threads he can't duplicate it. Much as I liked having the plug-in I can live without it if need be.