UNMOUNTABLE: WRONG OR NO FILE SYSTEM - My own fault.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Had some issues with server a week ago. So had to rebuild entire plex libary and had to built new parity. To put it lightly, I am done. 

Anyway, while waiting for all this to happen, I have been reading up on Cache drives and what not. Decided now would be a good time to add a NVME drive to put my plex data on only. Currently have appdata and system files on cache.

Tonight final step finished, I installed the new NVME drive, assigned it to the Cache, and in doing so, forgot to backup the current cache at all. Started it all up and then I knew.....I just f*cked up.

Unmountable - No Pool UUID

Anyway, all jacked up as I just changed the cache drive to cache pool using a XFS system where the old system was btrfs. 

Tried moving the caches around and can get:

Unmountable - Wrong or no file system  on the old cache drive. But nothing more.

I have a test unraid server, that I popped the old cache in and was able to mount it as Unassigned Device. I can see all the files and access them. Was going to copy them somewhere and then just format and copy back, but its going to take over a day, and I am not even sure if that works that way with the cache drive? 

Before I start that process, just wanted to ask is there anyway to restore the file system? I tried some stuff listed in the FAW and keep getting error messages, so no luck there.

I suck at anything non windows to be honest, and rely on just following instructions for Unraid, so on the fly "trying" things is not good for me, as I probably have no idea what any of it means.

Is it time for me to start screaming yet? I want to scream. Ugh, been trying to fix the server in general for a week and thought I was minutes away from back up and running.

Update: after trying some of the stuff in FAQ, I now cant get the drive to mount in Unassigned Drives, so thats great. Option is just greyed out.

Edited by DipNFalls
Just now, JorgeB said:

You can try something like UFS explorer, but btrfs not finding a backup superblock suggests the device was fully trimmed, and in that case those programs will also be unable to find anything.

Okay I am trying that now. Sorry for asking questions. As mentioned I am a linux moron. How about XFS? The new cache was installed as that file system and was what I thought screwed something up with the old one, changing the file system. Could it have been changed? Not even sure that is possible.

I know atleast enough to know it wouldnt be usable if the FS was changed, but thought maybe data recovery would work. 

I am just grasping at this point. I feel defeated and dont even know where to start rebuilding docker.

root@Matrix:~# xfs_repair /dev/sdk1
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
bad primary superblock - bad magic number !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock...
.found candidate secondary superblock...
verified secondary superblock...
writing modified primary superblock
sb realtime bitmap inode value 18446744073709551615 (NULLFSINO) inconsistent with calculated value 129
resetting superblock realtime bitmap inode pointer to 129
sb realtime summary inode value 18446744073709551615 (NULLFSINO) inconsistent with calculated value 130
resetting superblock realtime summary inode pointer to 130
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - zero log...
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
sb_icount 0, counted 570016
sb_ifree 0, counted 126
sb_fdblocks 122036997, counted 47513804
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 1
Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees...
        - reset superblock...
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
        - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes
        - traversing filesystem ...
        - traversal finished ...
        - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts...
Note - stripe unit (0) and width (0) were copied from a backup superblock.
Please reset with mount -o sunit=<value>,swidth=<value> if necessary
done