Web UI partially unresponsive, unable to shutdown

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I'm on 6.11.5. Over the last week I've twice had a problem with the web UI becoming unresponsive in parts - some tabs won't open, the main tab shows the unRAID wave in the Unassigned Devices section and after a while the main tab also fails to open.

Although the unRAID GUI is unresponsive, other things are running: I can access files and open them. I think the first time the Win10 VM was still running, although this time I can't RDP into it. Both times I've tried "powerdown" via SSH but the server doesn't seem to shut down.

The first time I couldn't get into the GUI to get diagnostics (and didn't know that this could have be done via the command line). Unfortunately I can't recall exactly how I shut down the server the first time. Might have been via IPMI. This time (today) I grabbed diagnostics and then tried to shut down via the GUI. Heard the beeps (as before) but after about 45 minutes the server was still on (as before). In the end I shutdown via IPMI.

When I rebooted after the first incident, one of my disks was marked as missing. Seemed to be a loose SATA connector; after some replugging I started the server and everything seemed OK. But today I got the unresponsive GUI again.

tower-diagnostics-20230714-2143.zip

On qbittorrent I had been using an older version of the container precisely because of the problem described. But recently that older version stopped working and I changed to the latest version, which seems to be running fine, unless it's causing these crashes. I'm not sure, but I think the first crash came before switching to the latest version.

For the moment I'll stick to the latest version, but I have changed docker network type to ipvlan. Let's see how things go....

• 2 weeks later...