Unraid 6.12: GUI not available after some time

Hi everyone,

I have a strange issue my unraid setup. After the upgrade to 6.12, everything was fine. Now, after some days, it looks like it the GUI is no longer reachable. It timeouts. In the morning, I could still access it, now it is gone. All container's website are still reachable, just the Unraid GUI is not. I tried different browsers and I tried reaching it from a different PC. Same results: Browser loads endlessly without result. Any suggestions are welcome!

Yesterday I experienced the same issue and I reset the PC. Afterwards, the GUI was available again.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

I am repeatedly running into the same issue here after upgrading from 6.11 to 6.12.3. The web GUI is reachable after startup, but stops being accessible altogether after some time (seemingly several days). Containers and other services like SSH are all still available, it only seems to be the web GUI that stops responding. I will note that I have configured the GUI to use Tailscale via the community plugin and am using Magic DNS along with HTTPS (I have checked that the certificate has not expired). The server has an IP address from the router but the web GUI is not accessible from that or any address via Tailscale.

Rebooting the full server seems to be the only solution. Attempting to restart the GUI alone with `/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx reload` does not seem to work.

Any help or troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

5 minutes ago, wiriest_reforms said:

The web GUI is reachable after startup, but stops being accessible altogether after some time (seemingly several days). Containers and other services like SSH are all still available

Shot in the dark, but are you running a torrent docker container using the buggy libtorrent version 2.x