Ugpraded to 6.12.2 and GUI is meesed up

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I was running 6.11.5 ( I think).  I don't go into the GUI very often and today I noticed the banner showed an update to 6.12.2 available.  So I clicked on it and rebooted after the update was finished.  After logging in, the GUI is messed up.  The toolbar that is usually towards the top (dashboard, main, etc) is running down the left hand side.  I can click on any of the toolbar items and that page loads, but I can't click in anything in a page.

I tried clearing the cache and all data on my browser but that didn't help.  It acts the same in either Chrome or Firefox.  I can't click on diagnostics to post it.  I have no way to do a clean shutdown to try and boot into safe mode.

What can I do?

• Solution

Things to consider are:

• Reboot in Safe mode - if that works then you probably have a plugin causing issues.   You should make sure all your plugins are up-to-date so they include any fixes required for the 6.12.x releases.
  • Under Settings->Display settings is the Page View set to tabbed or non-tabbed mode?
  • Are you using a theme?  Your description sounds like what a tabbed view might look like under some theme?
  • 6.12.3 is the current release not sure why you only got prompted for the 6.12.2 release.   You probably want to upgrade to this release ASAP as it includes some important fixes to help with avoiding unclean shutdowns.
  • Like 1