How to remove Update Banner permanently?

Whatever I do, the Update Banner for 6.12.3 comes back always. I confirm that banner and it doesn't show up for some hours - and then it appears again. It's the same browser all the time - the connections change regulary (several VPNs).

How can I get rid of that banner permanently.

I know that I won't update my three Unraid servers to 6.12.3 due to several technical reasons (e.g. German User with Fritzbox and IPVLAN /MACVLAN problems). In fact it's the first time in 15 years that I won't update Unraid. So I don't need a reminder to update.

Thanks.

Dismissing the banner is handled by a cookie.  After dismissing it shouldn't appear again for IIRC 30 days.  If when closing your browser it automatically clears cookies then you will see what you are seeing.  

You can also have the OS not check for OS updates in Settings - Notification Settings

On 7/29/2023 at 6:22 PM, Squid said:

Notification Settings

Sorry to say that, but it didn't work.

I changed that setting, did hit apply and Done. Removed the banner with the 'X' and closed browser. Restarted browser, went to the Unraid server and the Update banner came back. I'm on 6.11.5.

image.thumb.png.be35832338c1124548d036eabd3d5f28.png

***EDIT*** Seems that I have to live with that. Nearly 2 days gone and that stupid banner comes back always. Setting is set on all servers and banner is reappearing on all servers.

Edited by hawihoney