We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

/VAR/LOG IS GETTING FULL (CURRENTLY 100 % USED) & Frontend crashes

I have the same problem as many here before. I don't see anything suspicious in the logs. What is the maximal size of the log? I guess the syslog was getting filled too much but I don't understand why syslog has 0 kb but there are syslog.1 and syslog.2.

But it makes sense that the logs stopped 5 or 6 days ago because I guess since then I got the problem again that I cannot see anything in the Unraid frontend. The main page won't load. Also not the Docker page. Everything that needs to be fetched is broken then. Had this so many times now already and it happens after a while of uptime but did not always really appear. I was also running with an uptime of 15 days or more without any problem one time. But I guess it has something to do with the log I see in the syslog:

Aug  7 01:07:24 UNRAID-Server nginx: 2023/08/07 01:07:24 [alert] 12552#12552: worker process 4095 exited on signal 6

It won't get fixed until I restart the server then. And today I got the warning from my server 

**/var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used)**

Can somebody tell me what the reason is and how I can fix it? It's not nice to run into this every week. The logs seem to crash the frontend.

unraid-server-diagnostics-20230813-0451.zip

On 8/13/2023 at 5:08 AM, sasbro97 said:

Can somebody tell me what the reason is and how I can fix it? It's not nice to run into this every week. The logs seem to crash the frontend.

unraid-server-diagnostics-20230813-0451.zip 281.01 kB · 2 downloads

You do seem to have a bluetooth issue. For the NGINX issue, i would have said, 6.11.5 but since youre running ZFS, youre out of luck

58 minutes ago, sasbro97 said:

Ok it didnt helped. 2 days and logs are shown as 100%. I try to pull out the bluetooth adapter but I don't think it is the only reason.

the nginx logs are very miniscule compared to the well over 100000 entries of your bluetooth issue within the first couple scrolls of the log. the nginx logs only appear if there is a browser session running, so if no one opens the webpage, its gone.

Regarding the nginx crash itself. it does seem to be browser dependent. On Microsoft Edge, it looks like this

1756972233_logissue.thumb.PNG.097b6eb010b19af66982ade7c2502271.PNG

If im on my Android Phone and use Chrome, i absolutely cant get the Webui to work properly at all. The Terminal is broken, the Log popup is broken. The page freezes horribly and i get worker exit message, as you do.

I havent gotten around to test it with Firefox yet. it might fare better, but the only real solution is a downgrade to 6.11.5 or wait for 6.12.4.

Edited by Mainfrezzer

I had these problems in 6.11.x as well. Chrome and Unraid GUI just don't seem to go well together. But I can say when NGINX is crashed for me it is everywhere. The whole GUI is broken then. Every websocket fetch fails. I can see the GUI and get into settings and stuff but don't see the main page or the Docker page.