Parity drive 01 is deactivated parity 02 seems to be okay, one Array Disk is now emulated :(

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

due to a general power outage, I found my server in that bad (or just annoying) situation.

What is the fastest way to restore the whole system - I am quite sure that there are no hardware problems with the HDD's a.s.o.

If you need any log files, please tell me how to generate and/or where to find them ....

Cheers - ahab

@JorgeB

After reading the doc I am even more confused. 

I tried the unassign, reassign , re-sync (in maintenance mode) but I have got a buck load of read errors from my Parity 2 drive, something like 500 000 reads and with more than 20 Million errors. Also some of the emulated data seem to be destroyed = unreadable now.

Now I am SMART testing the 2 Parity and the "defective" Data drive in maintainence mode - short smart shows no errors, extended seems not to work at all, on the 2 Parity drives it the testing stops at 10%.

I am getting a little bit nervous now.

cheers

Unfortunately the logs are filled with these:

Aug 19 08:02:24 Tower rpc.mountd[9958]: refused mount request from 192.168.0.11 for /Shows (/Shows): unmatched host
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 1 TIMES] ###
Aug 19 08:02:25 Tower rpc.mountd[9958]: refused mount request from 192.168.0.11 for /aomei (/aomei): unmatched host
Aug 19 08:02:52 Tower rpc.mountd[9958]: refused mount request from 192.168.0.11 for /Audio (/Audio): unmatched host
Aug 19 08:02:54 Tower rpc.mountd[9958]: refused mount request from 192.168.0.11 for /Data (/Data): unmatched host
Aug 19 08:02:54 Tower rpc.mountd[9958]: refused mount request from 192.168.0.11 for /Isos (/Isos): unmatched host

Reboot and post new diags after array start.

• Confused 1

@JorgeB et al,

the 3 short and extended SMART tests are all error free, so far there are no errors on Parity 1, Parity 2 and/or the Data Drive in question.

here are 2 diag files the name explains what they are .... i could pack and send you the smart log files as well if you need them.

cheers

tower-diagnostics-20230820-1927 maint mode.zip tower-diagnostics-20230820-1937 norm. mode.zip

okay - lets say the recovery of my data drive works out, and it changes back to a physical=not emulated state. How can I recover the first parity drive ?

Do I need to pre-clear it 1again and then rebuild parity ?

BTW 2 new diagnostic files one after the rebuild, one after a reboot and some maintenance (2 docker app updates)

cheers

tower-diagnostics-20230822-0900 after reboot.zip tower-diagnostics-20230822-0842 after rebuild.zip

Edited by ahab666
addendum