[SUPPORT] PodFetch support thread

• 3 months later...

I cannot for the life of me get this to install on unraid.

I have looked at the wiki, which states to create a linux user with 1000, however that's not possible on unraid, and the container will not stay up long enough to create the user within the container. I tried to chmod -R 777 on the database and still recieve the following error:

12/18/2023
10:49:17 AM
Debug file located at /home/rust/src/target/x86_64-unknown-linux-musl/release/build/podfetch-ab12b285b16ce73b/out/built.rs
12/18/2023
thread 'main' panicked at src/service/environment_service.rs:62:54:
12/18/2023
called `Option::unwrap()` on a `None` value
12/18/2023
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace

My setup is as follows is attached in the screenshot.

I'm sure it's something stupid I've done but I cannot figure out what it is, or what I need to change. If someone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

unraid.png

I'm also curious if any one got this working as expected. I've managed to set it up with Nginx as a reverse proxy and also enabled the GPodder Api so I can sync with Antenna Pod.

Imported an OPML export file and everything is downloaded but I'm unable to play any shows. Getting the 401 on the GET request.
Going directly against the url gives me an "Unauthorized" message and looking in the Wiki and Issue tracker it looks like I'm having issues with the permissions.

The files are on disk, the container managed to store them but now they can't be read.

The Wiki says:

It may appear that the container only shows the line debug file located at xxx. In that case it tries to connect to the database which it cannot reach. Especially in the SQLite database type this can cause trouble. So you need to create a Linux user with id 1000 and chown the db and podcasts dir to that user.

Source: https://github.com/SamTV12345/PodFetch/wiki#1-wrong-permissions

Does any one know how this can be fixed? Can I create that in Unraid and make it persistent?

Thanks in advance,
Olle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 12:01 AM, Taubin said:

I cannot for the life of me get this to install on unraid.

I have looked at the wiki, which states to create a linux user with 1000, however that's not possible on unraid, and the container will not stay up long enough to create the user within the container. I tried to chmod -R 777 on the database and still recieve the following error:

12/18/2023
Debug file located at /home/rust/src/target/x86_64-unknown-linux-musl/release/build/podfetch-ab12b285b16ce73b/out/built.rs
12/18/2023
thread 'main' panicked at src/service/environment_service.rs:62:54:
12/18/2023
called `Option::unwrap()` on a `None` value
12/18/2023
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace

My setup is as follows is attached in the screenshot.

I'm sure it's something stupid I've done but I cannot figure out what it is, or what I need to change. If someone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

unraid.png

I got a similar error and found this thread. Alas, the thread was of little help, but I managed to get it working anyway.

Turns out that Server URL (SERVER_URL variable) has to begin with "http://" or "https://". No need for port here (it seemed to not care either way).

Hope that helps.

@Ansgaros : Does your podfetch works ?

I really don't understand SamTV12345: what's the point of creating this topic if no serious information is added?
What's the point ??

We don't know how to install, and when it' on unraid : we d'ont know why Podfetch doesn't start...
No, it's really unclear.
There's NO real simple tuto. No really serious.

Can someone summarize what needs to be done: because it's a real mess!
Can't get it to work. Thanks :)

Edited by PicPoc
19 hours ago, PicPoc said:

Yeah, it worked just fine with this configuration:

image.thumb.png.886947d83f424dc3a8fc5937580ad122.png

As far as I can tell, everything under "More settings" is empty except for "OIDC scope", which doesn't matter since OIDC wasn't used in my configuration.

But after trying it out, I realized that PodFetch wasn't the solution I was looking for.

23 hours ago, PicPoc said:

I really don't understand SamTV12345: what's the point of creating this topic if no serious information is added?
What's the point ??

We don't know how to install, and when it' on unraid : we d'ont know why Podfetch doesn't start...
No, it's really unclear.
There's NO real simple tuto. No really serious.

Can someone summarize what needs to be done: because it's a real mess!
Can't get it to work. Thanks :)

If you can give me a bit more information on your setup I could try it. It should work as mentioned afterwards.

@ansgaros : Thank you ! It's works with your information !!! Cool.

But, this program handles podcasts strangely. Changing the sort order does not seem possible: Sort by publication day for example.

@SamTV12345 : It's ok now.
I really didn't understand how to fill out the configuration in unraid.  With ansgaros's pict it's really clear now !

;)

5 hours ago, PicPoc said:

@ansgaros : Thank you ! It's works with your information !!! Cool.

But, this program handles podcasts strangely. Changing the sort order does not seem possible: Sort by publication day for example.

@SamTV12345 : It's ok now.
I really didn't understand how to fill out the configuration in unraid.  With ansgaros's pict it's really clear now !

;)

Weird. Could you please post a picture? I just tested changing the sort order of podcasts and it did work. No worries. Sorry for my absence. I didn't check my mailbox.

No problem, we all have lives outside of the keyboard. And the program is free. :)

Here is the capture as requested:

1088680070_Podfetch1.thumb.png.fd7b022dd23c681289a5fe6dbe1ae436.png

There is another problem: if I download the podcast, it ends up broken and I don't understand why.

On top of that, if I go into the details of the episode and I decide to download it to the computer, the file will only be 4 KB!817378259_Podfetch2.png.e78ffe24766eb60ebb72e27ba4d02c4a.png

I tried several programs that recover podcasts and they all have the same problem:
In general, it's a shame, they don't recover the information from the RSS feed in the audio file like iTunes does.
Here is the difference between:
-A podcast downloaded from iTunes:
2000355548_Podfetch3.png.56e14eeee094f41666db1f251768158b.png

-A podcast downloaded with software other than iTunes:

1352158987_Podfetch4.png.52613e7b1de543c7238ac612b5eeb84d.png

Only iTunes imports RSS data correctly. I don't understand why other software doesn't include this data.
We could download the file directly via the web and it would be the same. If we move the podcast file to another machine we will no longer have the data on the podcast episode. (Click on it to see the difference on podcasts tags)

2000198607_Podfetch5.thumb.png.45e401ff4f449d8cc81bed5509cff7ee.png

Here are the podcasts that allow me to test:
RSS url : https://www.joachimgarraud.com/Zemixx_By_DJ_Joachim_Garraud_English.rss

Edit :

We can't acces to the shell on the >_console :

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: "bash": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown

Thanks ! ;)

Edited by PicPoc
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2024 at 2:55 AM, PicPoc said:

No problem, we all have lives outside of the keyboard. And the program is free. :)

There is another problem: if I download the podcast, it ends up broken and I don't understand why.

On top of that, if I go into the details of the episode and I decide to download it to the computer, the file will only be 4 KB!817378259_Podfetch2.png.e78ffe24766eb60ebb72e27ba4d02c4a.png

I tried several programs that recover podcasts and they all have the same problem:
In general, it's a shame, they don't recover the information from the RSS feed in the audio file like iTunes does.

Only iTunes imports RSS data correctly. I don't understand why other software doesn't include this data.
We could download the file directly via the web and it would be the same. If we move the podcast file to another machine we will no longer have the data on the podcast episode. (Click on it to see the difference on podcasts tags)

RSS url : https://www.joachimgarraud.com/Zemixx_By_DJ_Joachim_Garraud_English.rss

Edit :

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: "bash": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown

Thanks ! ;)

I am having a look at it. Somehow the download is corrupted. When I open  the PodFetch downloaded file it is corrupt. Thanks for the report :)

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2024 at 2:55 AM, PicPoc said:

Edit :

Thanks ! ;)

This is fixed. Writing the id3 tags failed and corrupted the m4v files. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks, but now : no downloads...

This program is messy and there is several problems on this program :

Some episodes are impossible to listen to.

We don't know how to download episodes.
Apparently it should download the last 5 but this is not the case.
If we try to download, when you clic on the icon (a cloud) "Dowload to server", we ca see a immediatly message who says "Episode downloaded to server", but it's fault. There is No dowload.

When you add a podcast there's no sort :
You see :
-ZeMixx 453,
-ZeMixx 469,
-ZeMixx 510,
-ZeMixx 532,
Everything is mixed without any logic.

Problems on dates :
"Zemixx 957, Hallucination" says "2 days ago" but NO ! The date is "Thu, 04 Apr 2024"

Informations from the RSS feed aren't insert into tags in the audio file.

Exemple podcast used :
https://www.joachimgarraud.com/Zemixx_By_DJ_Joachim_Garraud_English.rss

Edited by PicPoc
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2024 at 6:58 PM, PicPoc said:

Thanks, but now : no downloads...

This program is messy and there is several problems on this program :

Some episodes are impossible to listen to.

We don't know how to download episodes.
Apparently it should download the last 5 but this is not the case.
If we try to download, when you clic on the icon (a cloud) "Dowload to server", we ca see a immediatly message who says "Episode downloaded to server", but it's fault. There is No dowload.

When you add a podcast there's no sort :
You see :
-ZeMixx 453,
-ZeMixx 469,
-ZeMixx 510,
-ZeMixx 532,
Everything is mixed without any logic.

Problems on dates :
"Zemixx 957, Hallucination" says "2 days ago" but NO ! The date is "Thu, 04 Apr 2024"

Informations from the RSS feed aren't insert into tags in the audio file.

Exemple podcast used :
https://www.joachimgarraud.com/Zemixx_By_DJ_Joachim_Garraud_English.rss

So I now add the correct tag for the mp4 audio files and also the issue with the sorting is fixed. The actual cause was this https://github.com/chronotope/chrono/issues/1580 . The podcast hoster did have a mismatched weekday and actual date leading to PodFetch to insert the current date as a last ressort. I patched this in PodFetch. So with the new version this should all be fixed.