Fujitsu LSSAS3008 Controller

Hadi

Hi

I have this controller https://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/servers/primergy/components/pmod-157814.html#specs but I am struggling to make it work with my drives. I bought it off ebay as an already flashed controller to IT mode, but since it is not detecting my Seagate Exos 14TB drives I wondering if I need to flash or update the firmware myself. I cannot find the download files for this model. Have any of been successful with this card? Else I am just going to buy another one

Thanks in advance

Controller is being correctly detected and initialized, and it's in IT mode, #1 suspect for not detecting drives would be using the wrong cables or the 3.3v SATA pin issue, using a molex to SATA adapter with one disk will confirm the latter, for the former check the cabels type, they must be forward breakout, reverse breakout look the same but won't work, of course it can also be a controller problem with the ports, but that's much less likely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, Hadi said:

@JorgeB The molex trick did it. But how can I make the regular sata cable work with it?

The goal is not to provide 3.3V to the drive, people tend to use one of those 3 options :

1. use Molex to SATA adapters
  2. use Kapton tape on the 3.3V contact on the drive to prevent the issue (one example of tutorial : https://www.instructables.com/How-to-Fix-the-33V-Pin-Issue-in-White-Label-Disks-/ )
  3. cut the 3.3V cable on the power SATA cable (not sure which one it is myself)

I prefer #1 but already used #2 on some drives. I don't love #3 myself but some seem to chose that route.