Remote SMB mount... it mounts but I cannot get to the share with Dynamix File Manager. Mount not under /user

mattw
Go to solution Solved by Mainfrezzer,

So the drive is mounted...

image.thumb.png.18e3f3d7669f5b63b58a7c1411b10760.png

But, it is mounted under the following:

image.png.eed7f441ae05e064d43ac0b8b4fb7239.png

When I open the file manager it opens to the machine root and I see the remotes directory with stuff in it:

image.png.5da1f231ece57778aacb3f636e8dfa52.png

But after I drill down in the user directory and select what to copy, it will only allow me to select destinations below the user level or only my shares.  It will not allow me to select any of the directories listed above.  It feels to me like the file manager may be misconfigured and will not let me go all the way up to the root of the server.

I am running 6.11.5 and plugins are all up to date.

Any help would be great...

Edited by mattw

Works for me.  I can browse a UD share, click "Parent Directory" to go to the array.  Select what to copy, then select the destination which includes mounts at /mnt/remotes/.

If you clicked on the remote share mount point, you should see the contents of NAS1_Volume_3.  How did you initiate the file manager to get to /mnt/?

21 hours ago, dlandon said:

Works for me.  I can browse a UD share, click "Parent Directory" to go to the array.  Select what to copy, then select the destination which includes mounts at /mnt/remotes/.

If you clicked on the remote share mount point, you should see the contents of NAS1_Volume_3.  How did you initiate the file manager to get to /mnt/?

You say "UD Share", I do not have any UD shares... am I missing a way to make the mounted UD drive a share?

When I first open file manager, it starts at this location...

image.png.b8b70d83dd17f09ed9f4d28882fb09dc.png

As soon as I select what I want to copy I am presented with the option to copy to this drop down which only appears to have shares and I can't get back to the location shown above...

image.png.e11bdb6dfc6053f86aca40e26c2fff2b.png

This is the problem, I do not want to copy to a share, I want to copy to a UD drive destination.  It would work perfectly going the other way, from UD to share.

Edited by mattw
6 minutes ago, Mainfrezzer said:

As it has been said earlier, that's impossible currently with the Filemanager (from unraid share/disk to ud). Krusader with the mountpoint /mnt works for me perfectly fine as gui. You could also export the UD disk/remote share via SMB and copy that way.

The solution was the mount point.  I had /mnt/data.  Changed to /mnt and I can see all of the files now!

7 minutes ago, mattw said:

The solution was the mount point.  I had /mnt/data.  Changed to /mnt and I can see all of the files now!

You need to be very careful when using Krusader that you do not try to copy or move files between a User Share and an array drive or pool as that can lead to loss of the data involved.   The Dynamix File Manager will protect you against this.