Help with Fix Common Plugin problem detected

oscnhome
Go to solution Solved by Squid,

Hello everyone, I recently found this error message on my unraid.

Since I do not use it very often, I did not find information about Mcelog plugin, I decided to come here to ask if anyone can point me to what

went wrong and how to solve.

Your server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the Unraid forums. The output of mcelog (if installed) has been logged.

1.png.9fd91990973e00c1509c5b7fc8c15722.png

2.thumb.png.0c116f09253bf0909d7ec900efe3e003.png

oscnhome-diagnostics-20230924-1602.zip

• Solution
Sep 22 15:56:35 oscnhome  mcelog: failed to prefill DIMM database from DMI data
Sep 22 15:56:35 oscnhome  mcelog: Kernel does not support page offline interface

Nothing to worry about, but a BIOS update might silence.

Also, FWIW every 30 seconds from 192.168.1.43 there's a login via SSH that gets logged.  Very annoying to try and isolate any issues because of the constant logging due to that, and this will ultimately fill /var/log and cause issues

• 2 weeks later...

hello. Thanks for the answer.

On 9/24/2023 at 5:25 PM, Squid said:
Sep 22 15:56:35 oscnhome  mcelog: failed to prefill DIMM database from DMI data
Sep 22 15:56:35 oscnhome  mcelog: Kernel does not support page offline interface

Nothing to worry about, but a BIOS update might silence.

Also, FWIW every 30 seconds from 192.168.1.43 there's a login via SSH that gets logged.  Very annoying to try and isolate any issues because of the constant logging due to that, and this will ultimately fill /var/log and cause issues

In fact, the problem was resolved after I upgraded and changed the MotherBoard. Therefore, the statement about the error being related to the bios makes sense.

the other point, about the frequent SSH queries... In reality it was an intentional script that I created between two devices: a raspberry pi querying unraid about the status of some containers.

I didn't find a better way to do this, just a cron script running every 30 seconds, treating the output to use information from containers in the ON state.

what would be the best way? it would be great to have an api to query that exposes just the information you want. Is there any ready solution?

thanks!