Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Look carefully at the Main tab of the GUI.  Is there an option to format those drives?  (In order to mount a drive, it must have a valid, working file system that is recognized by Unraid on the drive.)  If so, you can format the disk and it should then be mounted. 

Just make sure that you don't format any drive that might have data on it that you want to save.  When Unraid formats a disk, any data on it will be lost! 

At the bottom of the main page there is a format option and that you have to click yes i want to do this.  The unmountable drives are also listed there.  I have done that multiple times with the same result.  Dont know if it helps but i did mount the drives last night and it was completing some process for approx 20 hours to add these drives to the array. 

Are you replacing or adding drives? Are you expecting to keep any data on those drives?   The process you seem to be going through is to add new drives?   If so then Unraid has to Clear them (write all zeroes) to the drives to avoid invalidating parity and then they need to be formatted to create empty file systems on the drives.

I going thru the process of adding drives.  Drive are already formatted.  I am assuming the clearing process is what they did after i mounted them to the array that took about 20 hours.  After this process is when unmountable disks list at the bottom of the main page with the option to format.  I have attempted to format these drives multiple times with no success.

image.thumb.png.640892cf0591743f5f05ed63c6029983.png

image.thumb.png.275fe3bca16dcc8e7be9877532ee4e43.png

59 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

i followed that process everything went correctly until step 11.  The system says it is formatting the drives at the bottom of the screen.  The screen then flashes to refresh i assume then i still have the same messages that i posted screen shots of above.