Volume Mapping Issue (SOLVED)

Drogon
Go to solution Solved by strike,

It seems like there's an easy fix here somewhere but I'm not seeing it. I'm trying to set up Sonarr and the 'Category' I've added to my download client setting inside the Sonarr docker is labled "Sonarr". Per the help text right under the 'Category' space, this will crate a [category] subdirectory in the output directory. My problem is that once the download is completed, it isn't being copied to the final destination folder. With the Category set, the completed file within Transmission has a location listed as:

/downloads/Sonarr

The problem is that this location doesn't exist... The file was actually downloaded to:

/downloads/completed/Sonarr

The odd thing is that it seems this has probably been an issue for a while but it hasn't mattered until now. Prior to adding the "Sonar" category, Transmission reports the download location as "/downloads/", even though the files are actually downloaded to "/downloads/completed"

Sonarr logs say:

Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/Sonarr/file.mkv. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder

Sonarr is mapped as follows:

/data         /mnt/user/Downloads/
/media       /mnt/user/TV/
/Anime       /mnt/user/Anime/
/Cartoons   /mnt/user/Cartoons
/config       /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sonarr

Transmission is mapped as follows:

/downloads    /mnt/user/Downloads/completed/
/config          /mnt/user/appdata/transmission

I suspect I've mapped something incorrectly but I've tried renaming some of the paths and haven't had any luck. Why is Transmission reporting a location that it didn't download the file to? What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Drogon

Thanks for your response. I added /completed/ to Sonarr, deleted the original file and had Sonarr redownload. I'm still getting this error though:

|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/Sonarr/file.mkv. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder.

Maybe I also have a permission issue?

• Solution

Your volume mapping should be:

Sonarr - /data         /mnt/user/Downloads/

Transmission - /data         /mnt/user/Downloads/

Or

Sonarr - /downloads    /mnt/user/Downloads/

Transmission - /downloads    /mnt/user/Downloads/

See how they match? You can use either one of them or any other path as long as they both match. Your last change doesn't work because the path on the container side doesn't match.

Yea. I'm still missing something really basic then because those combinations don't seem to exist. Transmission doesn't have /data, only /downloads and /config. Sonarr doesn't have /downloads, only /data, /media, /anime, /cartoons, /config.

Sonarr - /data         /mnt/user/Downloads/

Transmission - /data         /mnt/user/Downloads/

Or

Sonarr - /downloads    /mnt/user/Downloads/

Transmission - /downloads    /mnt/user/Downloads/

It seems like I need to add anther path to one of them? Probably Sonarr?

EDIT: I just changed the existing Sonarr path wording from data to downloads and this fixed it. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Drogon
  • Drogon changed the title to Volume Mapping Issue (SOLVED)
3 hours ago, Drogon said:

I just changed the existing Sonarr path wording from data to downloads and this fixed it.

Yeah, that's what I meant you should do. You're probably using containers from different maintainers, that's why there are different mappings. But as you figured out you can change anything you want, The only thing you must never change is the container ports of an app. If you need to change ports use bridge network and only change the port on the host side.