Reconfigure Unraid array.

psykix
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I currently run Unraid on my HP Gen8 Microserver.

I have no parity drives. The server has a LSI RAID card in it and it's in IT mode. I originally switched to the LSI card with the intention of adding an external drive enclosure via SFF but that never happened as I just added larger drives.

I want to remove the LSI card and go back to using the internal B120i card so that I can install a 10Gbe network card. The server only contains media and a few apps and drives are mechanical so no need for blazing fast performance.

I originally moved the drives from B120i to the LSI card and did it without losing any data. I presume I can do the reverse but I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it.

Any pointers on how to achieve this?

Just one issue though. I always used to get a warning in fix common problems about write caching being disabled on my Cache drive which has always been attached to the B120i controller. Now I am getting that warning on my array drives too. Is this something that can be enabled on the controller or do I have to do the hdparm thing from command prompt every time I restart the server for every drive??