Docker daemon not starting up - docker.img file no space left

bwestpha

Hi there, 

i have a quite similar problem to this thread here: 

My docker img file seems to be out of space (no idea why exactly) - and therefore my docker service will not start. 

I already tried to stop the service from web gui, (or just set it to stop since it was already down) and change the vDisk size to 50GB instead of 20. 

But basically nothing happend -the disk was not resized and the docker daemon was not able to start again . 

any way i can fix this without re-creating all docker containers again as stated in above solution?

Sure - sorry 

nas-diagnostics-20231026-1505.zip

maybe not related, but if i see the logs directly after hitting a new vDisk size and starting Docker, I can see this message from the Logs window: 

Oct 26 15:14:37 WNAS root: Stopping Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD DNS Server Configuration Daemon: stopped
Oct 26 15:14:37 WNAS root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD DNS Server Configuration Daemon:  /usr/sbin/avahi-dnsconfd -D
Oct 26 15:14:37 WNAS avahi-dnsconfd[2777]: Successfully connected to Avahi daemon.
Oct 26 15:14:38 WNAS emhttpd: shcmd (650): /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img' /var/lib/docker 30
Oct 26 15:14:38 WNAS kernel: loop4: detected capacity change from 0 to 62914560
Oct 26 15:14:38 WNAS root: mount: /var/lib/docker: mount(2) system call failed: File exists.
Oct 26 15:14:38 WNAS root:        dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call.
Oct 26 15:14:38 WNAS root: mount error
Oct 26 15:14:38 WNAS kernel: BTRFS warning: duplicate device /dev/loop4 devid 1 generation 3484667 scanned by mount (2831)
Oct 26 15:14:38 WNAS emhttpd: shcmd (650): exit status: 1

//deleting by old vDisk (backuped) and creating a new one seemed to work. but this would mean loose all my containers and i would have to re-create them, right?

Edited by bwestpha