Mapped Drive?

Reading through some other threads and the unRAID documentation, I can't find my answer. When I browse via Windows Explorer or Finder I am able to open up the main networked device and see all the directories, such as the user shares, /flash, /disk1, /disk2, /disk3, etc... is it possible to map this to Windows? I am able to map the directories inside here but I am looking to map the main directory. I'm not really sure what you would call it as I don't think it is called the root directory but I guess that is the closest thing to what I am talking about.

Am I missing something here...

I'm running Win 7 Professional 64 bit.  I just right-click on the share in Explorer (example share named Video under TOWER under Network, but it could just as easily be disk1, disk2 if I am sharing drives from unRAID) and select "Map network drive..."

It just works, for me at least.

Am I missing something here...

I'm running Win 7 Professional 64 bit.  I just right-click on the share in Explorer (example share named Video under TOWER under Network, but it could just as easily be disk1, disk2 if I am sharing drives from unRAID) and select "Map network drive..."

It just works, for me at least.

Ditto above.  I am able to map a network share to a drive letter without issue.

OK - I like a challenge.

I just created a share called "All-TOWER" and pointed it at /mnt/user by editing the smb-shares.conf file in /etc/samba.  I then stopped and started Samba and I now have a single share in which all of the other shares appear as folders.  Of course, that's a quick hack and not permanent.  A better way would be to create the share within smb.conf  perhaps.

I have no idea if it is even safe.  But I could then map that new share to a drive letter such that each of my regular shares appeared as subfolders within it.

OK - I like a challenge.

I just created a share called "All-TOWER" and pointed it at /mnt/user by editing the smb-shares.conf file in /etc/samba.  I then stopped and started Samba and I now have a single share in which all of the other shares appear as folders.  Of course, that's a quick hack and not permanent.  I have no idea if it is even safe.  But I could then map that new share to a drive letter such that each of my regular shares appeared as subfolders within it.

you can do the same by creating a samba-extra.conf in the config folder of the flash drive. In there you can create the share pointing to /mnt/user

OK - I like a challenge.

I just created a share called "All-TOWER" and pointed it at /mnt/user by editing the smb-shares.conf file in /etc/samba.  I then stopped and started Samba and I now have a single share in which all of the other shares appear as folders.  Of course, that's a quick hack and not permanent.  I have no idea if it is even safe.  But I could then map that new share to a drive letter such that each of my regular shares appeared as subfolders within it.

you can do the same by creating a samba-extra.conf in the config folder of the flash drive. In there you can create the share pointing to /mnt/user

So this is something beyond my knowledge, how/what exactly do I need to do for this? And what specific settings? I guess if someone wouldn't mind posting a template to use that I could modify that would help a lot.

Archived