Error messages on boot "Not automatically fixing this"."

• 2 months later...

I too have run into this issue. I didn't want to open a new thread, so I'll just post to this one. 

I pulled the USB drive out and ran chkdsk on it in Win11. No errors. Stuck it back in and "not automatically fixing this" popped up again. Is this because it's a USB3.0 drive? I don't even know if I have any USB2.0 drives anymore.

UnRaid is working fine, but I'm just a stickler for errors.

IMG_0295.png

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Backup /config folder, recreate the flash drive manually or by using the USB tool, restore the /config folder.

I found a, 8Gb USB2.0 drive. Would it be wise to use that one? I have read that USB3.0 drives can cause issues.

14 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I would first try fixing that one, and if issues persist then replace it.

I just did as instructed. I tried first on Windows, but the UnRaid USB creator app gave me an "incompatible" marker on the drive. So, I plugged the flash drive into my Mac and ran the creator app there to completion. No errors. Moved the config folder back over and plugged the drive into my USB 2.0 port on the server. Still getting "not automatically fixing this" during boot up. Again, the server seems to be running fine, but that error kind of niggles the back of my mind.

I'm also getting these "errors" and the last 2 youtube videos I watched on unraid also showed these error scrolling by. I'm not experiencing any issues, but it seems this particular type of warning is pretty prevalent. Both drives and ports are USB 2.0.

Edited by foo_fighter