How to force stop Diagnostics zip creation?

I was going to post a diagnostics zip to another forum post, but it was taking forever to build the zip. I noticed the web UI was printing error lines from Dynamix File Integrity (export file not found errors). My syslogs are about 50mb in size because of this. After I noticed this I changed my settings to not print file integrity errors to the syslog.

So now its been over an hour and I can see the zip is still being created. How can I force this process to stop?

Edited by johnsanc
23 hours ago, johnsanc said:

I noticed the web UI was printing error lines from Dynamix File Integrity (export file not found errors).

Did you have a browser tab open to the syslog and it was slowly scrolling by when you tried to grab the diagnostics?

sed etc will work fast.  Your problem if you left that window open is that Chrome (or whatever browser you were using) was absolutely choking on trying to render the window continuously when there were that many lines.  If you really want to have a scrolling page / whatnot with the log, SSH into the server and tail the file.  Anything other than SSH (eg: the Terminal button) will also have the same issue.  Browsers are not designed to render things like that.

(FWIW, the diagnostics would have actually completed within say a minute and it would have been sitting in the /logs folder on the flash drive)

I clicked download, noticed it was going reallllly slow with sed, closed out of the window, but the browser itself was left open. Perhaps even though it wasn't rendering on the screen it was still slogging along. I was monitoring that temp folder in midnight commander to see what it was doing and I could tell it first saved the full log and was very slowly trimming it down over time.

If you are suggesting that the zip was actually created quickly but the log in the browser was just slow I can tell you with certainty that is not correct. I monitored the temp files as they were being processed and it was slow as molasses.

Edited by johnsanc