Trial of Pro from Basic license

Is there an upgrade to the Pro license from Basic as just a key that doesn't require me to download and install a completely new OS? I just want to see how well my new drives do with my server before upgrading.  I technically have 13 drives including a cache drive so I can't use the medium key. 

Have a great week, 

Will G. 

1 hour ago, Ducati0927 said:

This is what I was referring to: 

Yes, you can run Unraid as a trial for 30 days.  The trial is essentially the Pro version.  There are no limitations to a trial other than the time.  Unraid is not installed as an OS in the traditional sense and there is no difference between Basic, Plus and Pro versions as far as the Unraid files that get installed on the USB flash drive and loaded into RAM when the server boots from the flash drive.  The drive limitation comes from the license.

You could run a trial for 30 days from a different flash drive and copy the config folder (minus the basic license key) from the current flash drive to retain your current system configuration while running the trial.  Then play around all you want with configurations in the trial.  If it works out well, just go back to your current licensed USB flash drive and upgrade from basic to pro. You could then also copy the config folder from your trial USB key back to the licensed USB to retain your trial configuration.

As mentioned, there is not path directly from a basic license to a pro trial.

Edited by Hoopster