Force a clean shutdown?

ati

I generally don't shutdown or stop the array on my unRAID server. I was doing some electrical work in the house this past week and this was the first time I have shutdown my server in some time. I learned I was susceptible to the "Retry unmounting disk share(s)" issue even though I am running on 6.11.5. 

I run my server on a UPS and have it set to auto shutdown after a 3 minute outage. I always assumed that it would properly shutdown, but I guess not (crazy me assuming things). So for the past 6+ months I have been basically susceptible to an 'unclean' shutdown. 

Is there any way to force a clean shutdown? Frankly I have very little interest in updating to 6.12.3. I am slowly losing trust in LimeTech to QA/QC any update. The last time I updated I had to rebuild disks due to the Seagate error. While I understand that wasn't all on LimeTech, issuing a 'stable' release that fails to shutdown is pretty crazy. Furthermore, there are still reports of it not being fixed in 6.12.3. I have no interest in beta testing for development, that is why I generally stay a revision behind. 

24 minutes ago, ati said:

Is there any way to force a clean shutdown?

Use the "Stop" button first, to make sure the array stops cleanly before clicking the shutdown button.

Unattended shutdowns always risk being unclean, if there are processes keeping disks mounted there is only so much the shutdown process can do to force the matter.

On the Main tab (with things like Docker containers and VM's running), Push the 'STOP' array button.  With a stop watch, determine the interval required for the array to stop.  Increase that time by 25% (somewhat arbitrary percentage) and use that number to set the time on the     SETTINGS    >>>   Disk Settings     in this variable.  

image.png.5a75f7dc163c08e76c83453bc48c4afe.png

3 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

On the Main tab (with things like Docker containers and VM's running), Push the 'STOP' array button.  With a stop watch, determine the interval required for the array to stop.  Increase that time by 25% (somewhat arbitrary percentage) and use that number to set the time on the     SETTINGS    >>>   Disk Settings     in this variable.  

image.png.5a75f7dc163c08e76c83453bc48c4afe.png

This is a great start. 

Thank you!