Immich Photos Location Uploaded from Phone

Juracan

I seem to have Immich working. I connected from my phone and uploaded images to my Unraid server. I can see the images in Webui but I can't seem to find the Images when I use Krusader. If I understand correctly, the photos I upload from my phone should be in /mnt/user/immichphotos/, but that folder is empty.

Storage is showing 17.5 Gig of 20 Gig's used but isn't this supposed to be showing the space allocated for it on the server?

I also placed pictures in /mnt/user/Photos/ (a Share) directly from my laptop which can be seen in the Webui and on my phone in the Immich App. Those files I can see in Krusader.   

I've never heard of Immich until now. Seems there are many videos and tutorials, including UnRaid specific, available to read/watch.

2 hours ago, Juracan said:

I can't seem to find the Images when I use Krusader.

Maybe Krusader needs a custom path?

2 hours ago, Juracan said:

If I understand correctly, the photos I upload from my phone should be in /mnt/user/immichphotos/, but that folder is empty.

Then you don't understand correctly and I don't mean that as an insult in any way.

Keep looking. I would not use that program from what I've seen. I'm often wrong. :)

MrGrey.

On 12/11/2023 at 11:00 AM, Juracan said:

I seem to have Immich working. I connected from my phone and uploaded images to my Unraid server. I can see the images in Webui but I can't seem to find the Images when I use Krusader. If I understand correctly, the photos I upload from my phone should be in /mnt/user/immichphotos/, but that folder is empty.

Storage is showing 17.5 Gig of 20 Gig's used but isn't this supposed to be showing the space allocated for it on the server?

I also placed pictures in /mnt/user/Photos/ (a Share) directly from my laptop which can be seen in the Webui and on my phone in the Immich App. Those files I can see in Krusader.   

I'm also trying out Immich, and have it working, but can't say I have a good grasp of what it's doing and where everything is. But I did find out (somewhere on Reddit) that photos from your phone are uploaded to the upload folder, where they are processed and then moved to the library folder. So after the processing, there's nothing in the upload folder (other than an empty folder with a long random character name that I assume corresponds to a particular user). Your phone photos end up (untouched I believe) in the library folder.

In my case, I have a share called immichphotos and in there immich has created these subfolders: encoded-video, library, thumbs and upload. Under library I have an admin subfolder and under that, subfolders of various years (2021, 2022, 2023) and my phone photos are in those subfolders.

I'm using the immich docker container from Community Apps and for Path: /photos I set /mnt/user/immichphotos/.

(FWIW, I also reverted to ghcr.io/imagegenius/immich:version-v1.90.1 because the latest updates broke my setup - something to do with vectors and the postgresql database. Will update the container when I know what needs to be done on my side.)

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2023 at 9:18 PM, sonofdbn said:

I'm also trying out Immich, and have it working, but can't say I have a good grasp of what it's doing and where everything is. But I did find out (somewhere on Reddit) that photos from your phone are uploaded to the upload folder, where they are processed and then moved to the library folder. So after the processing, there's nothing in the upload folder (other than an empty folder with a long random character name that I assume corresponds to a particular user). Your phone photos end up (untouched I believe) in the library folder.

In my case, I have a share called immichphotos and in there immich has created these subfolders: encoded-video, library, thumbs and upload. Under library I have an admin subfolder and under that, subfolders of various years (2021, 2022, 2023) and my phone photos are in those subfolders.

I'm using the immich docker container from Community Apps and for Path: /photos I set /mnt/user/immichphotos/.

(FWIW, I also reverted to ghcr.io/imagegenius/immich:version-v1.90.1 because the latest updates broke my setup - something to do with vectors and the postgresql database. Will update the container when I know what needs to be done on my side.)

How do you revert to an earlier Version?

5 hours ago, Juracan said:

How do you revert to an earlier Version?

In the Docker template for Immich for Repository I used ghcr.io/imagegenius/immich:version-v1.90.1.

I think this general approach of entering a specific version other than "latest" works for all docker containers if you need to roll back. You do need to make sure you find the exact numbering of the version; usually that can be found in the repository for that container. Unfortunately I now can't recreate where I found that particular version number.

(Currently I'm not using Immich because it seems to be under heavy development and too many things were breaking for me when I updated it. Not a criticism - development is great; but it's not reliable enough to roll out to the family.)

• 2 months later...

I am trying out Immich using immich docker.

As usual, @SpaceinvaderOne created great contents for us, so I followed his guide there.

After the installation, I could upload my photos from my cell phone, However they are not saved under /mnt/user/photo_immich/library/ but I could find the them under /mnt/user/photo_immich/upload/d3a6f569-1690-4d24-9832-c0ddb464dcd7/ and each photo is saved in individual folders.

I thought Immich saves photos under library.

Does anyone have the photos saved under library in proper date struture? {{y}}/{{y}}-{{MM}}-{{dd}}/{{filename}} I believe this is the default directory structure.

If anyone has, could you give me a tip?

I am going to try Official instruction for Unraid from Immich... hope it works better.

https://immich.app/docs/install/unraid/#docker-compose-method-official

12 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Doc says that no, the mobile library is separate and it never modifies the "main" library.

https://immich.app/docs/features/libraries

You must have been confused with external library. The external library is used when you want to use your existing pictures without importing into immich api. The mobile library is supposed to be where all the pictures go when you upload or import.

I tried using Immich's official instruction, and I could successfully make the pictures go to under /mnt/user/images/library folder with proper date directory structure. see below.

image.png.50d821b770dc8f57ae44309804851453.png

and this how the pictures are stored with immich docker from unraid apps. All the pictures are stored under /mnt/user/photo_immich/ with random directory names. and each last directory contains only singlepicture.

image.png.8e94b864b6c2ada467c8386d97765045.png

All in all, based on my experience, official instruction from Immich works as intended than immich docker from unraid app.

Hope it helps.

But, if anyone successfully made immich docker work, please let me know. It would be much easier to maintain.