Suche benutzt - keine Lösung : 1 von 2 SSD Festplatten wird nicht erkannt, egal an welchem USB Port, Plugin UD zeigt nichts an

1 minute ago, rlw said:

I will try your 3 steps after walking the dog, but this is the last thing. Then we end here and I will forward to Unraid team as there is a mess in their system.

Feel free to do that, but we'll end up right back here as I am part of the team and will continue to work with you on solving this issue.

Dec 25 03:11:10 Tower emhttpd: device /dev/sdd problem getting id

This usually means both devices have the same ID/serial, not surprising since it's quite generic:

SDK_SSD-0:0 (sde) 4096 7680000000

Unraid requires that all devices have a unique ID/serial, some USB devices don't, if that is the case you can only use one at a time.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:
Dec 25 03:11:10 Tower emhttpd: device /dev/sdd problem getting id

This usually means both devices have the same ID/serial, not surprising since it's quite generic:

SDK_SSD-0:0 (sde) 4096 7680000000

Unraid requires that all devices have a unique ID/serial, some USB devices don't, if that is the case you can only use one at a time.

As far as I know @JorgeB Unraid specifies ONLY a unique UUID which - as I posted before (middle of page 1) id unique for both SSDs each. A unique serial requirement I haven't found in the requirements. Those SSDs are custom built for me for various reasons.

IF this was a requirement it is IMHO non-sense as for the USB Stick to have Unraid running only a unique UUID is required. Why would they go down serial-uniqueness as Linux is identifying both SSDs already separately as SDA and SDB (see screenshots).

OpenMediaVault - installed without special settings - from USB stick to one of the 256GB SATA SSDs - just clicked "next", "next" .....

First login to webinterface, clicked on harddrives and voilá - both USB SSDs recognized without issue, I DID NOTHING.

See this is the issue - you blame the 5000€ SSDs, me as the user, asked to install a plugin to find devices which the core system can't find. You understand that this is NOT how UNRAID should be, right. UNRAID wants a paid license, then I expect it comes out of the box with the functionality to find as many USB devices as there are USB ports on the computer, ESPECIALLY when it offers 24 (!) devices I can assign to it.

Now I am working with OMV, thanks for all your support although not really solving the issue, which is for sure deep in the system somewhere 1 line of code.379405587_Bildschirmfoto2023-12-25um15_35_37.thumb.png.1e28afc13be38a41fb93164fae2e9e62.png

2 hours ago, rlw said:

A unique serial requirement I haven't found in the requirements.

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/storage-management/

Unraid recognizes disks by their serial number (and size). This means that it is possible to move drives between SATA ports without having to make any changes in drive assignments. This can be useful for troubleshooting if you ever suspect there may be a hardware-related issue such as a bad port or a think a power or SATA cable may be suspect.

SATA not USB - just saying. 

But Unraid is done for me. Still my argument is valid, it is a bit out of time when UUID and PartUUID are used for the USB Stick running the OS don't you think. Linux recognizes the USB drives as two separate ones (sda and sdb, now sdd and sde as shown in the screenshots of UNRAID OS - Tools - System Devices. So if even there both USB drives are shown, why can't they be allocated by their Linux definition ? No, specialized special speciality, we go by serial. Out of convenience.