Permission errors?

I am having permission issues and It wont let me copy files over to the drive.

This is a clean install with 4.7 and I am trying to copy files over the network to fill up the drives, so far I have seen these issues using smb on win7

1. there is not enough free memory to copy these files? theres 2tb free

2. you do not have permissions to copy these files(after it copied a few it stopped and wont let me transfer any more)

3. I can not delete or move files

4. tells me there is an i/o error

I thought this was going to be easier than this.. I realize there is alot I can tweak with unraid and im willing to learn and put time in for those but as far as a new user with a brand new setup this isnt as plug and play as it was made out to be

Can anyone help me? I was about to buy the pro license when I was building but will hold off now until I sort this out

thanks in advance!

has anyone dealt with this before?

Ok Im new to this so be gentle :)

I have my workgroup setup the same as my network workgroup

I have not changed users

In shares I have created 1 user share:

User shares

Share name: Music

Comments:

Allocation method: High Water

Min. free space:

Split level: 0

Included disk(s):

Excluded disk(s):

Export (SMB): Export read/write

Export (NFS):

I am trying to copy files over from my htpc(which has my media collection stored on it) to the unraid server.

I am doing this through another computer in the house.. so I am accessing both the htpc and unraid server from a separate computer and trying to copy the files over which is when I get the errors

I just watched the category 5 video and I believe I have this setup correctly but its just not working

Set the min free space to greater than the largest file that you'll ever write. Post your directory structure.

I just tried that and it didnt work

What size are your drives? How much data was copied successfully?

I have 2 2tb drives

Ok I just realized that I can copy files to the hard drive but folders do not work. In troubleshooting I changed the split level to 5 just maybe thinking I was creating too many levels.

Why would I be unable to create folders? Hopefully this is a simple setting somewhere :)

thanks everyone for trying to help so far!

Here is my syslog http://pastebin.com/bBVeVfnV

I don't think split level is relevant with only one data drive. Did you happen to power down the machine without stopping it with the web interface first? I'm wondering if maybe you have data corruption issues. Also, where are you looking to find how much free space there is left?

I may have shut it down without stopping but I did a parity check since then with no issues. Why would i be able to write files but not folders though?

here is my drive info

Model / Serial No.                          Temperature Size Free Reads Writes Errors

parity WDC_WD20EARS-00J_WD-WCAWZ1423693 26°C 1,953,514,552 - 27 5 0

disk1 SAMSUNG_HD204UI_S2H7JD6ZB00584         23°C 1,953,514,552 1,953,274,548 55 5 0

It should be set as small as possible but larger than the largest file you will ever write. The units are kilobytes. It is currently set to 99999.999999999TB. This value is larger than your 2TB drive. The server is keeping 99999.999999999TB free on a 2TB drive.

Ok, I have changed it to 25gb(26214400 kilobytes) since I have a few video files around 16gb already

I rebooted the server and tried to copy a folder over with files totaling 344mb

it created the folder and copied the first 7 files and then said it was out of space. when i click skip it then tells me I dont have permission to access the folder

Just to add, I have recently also completed a build for someone else with 4.7 downloaded from the web with one 2tb drive and one 2tb parity. I have the same issues, I can transfer files to the shares but can never read the files. (If I click on a picture for instance, it will lock up my computer like it is trying over and over. It will eventually fail giving me a Network Location not available error.)

I can't delete the files or do anything with them. Just for giggles I upgraded to beta 12a and it functions properly but since this is beta I don't want my end user to load it up with stuff just yet without knowing how it will run long term. I have a 4.7 build that has worked flawlessly so I am not sure what is causing this.

I don't have a syslog to post but since the machine is not in my possession at the moment. But you are not the only one having the permissions issues.

Just to add, I have recently also completed a build for someone else with 4.7 downloaded from the web with one 2tb drive and one 2tb parity. I have the same issues, I can transfer files to the shares but can never read the files. (If I click on a picture for instance, it will lock up my computer like it is trying over and over. It will eventually fail giving me a Network Location not available error.)

I can't delete the files or do anything with them. Just for giggles I upgraded to beta 12a and it functions properly but since this is beta I don't want my end user to load it up with stuff just yet without knowing how it will run long term. I have a 4.7 build that has worked flawlessly so I am not sure what is causing this.

I don't have a syslog to post but since the machine is not in my possession at the moment. But you are not the only one having the permissions issues.

Sounds to me like the NIC on the board was not working properly with 4.7.  If you list your hardware we may be able to confirm that.

Archived