Unraid 6.12.6 Keeps crashing while computer remains on

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi, I've been using unRAID for 4 years now, and it's been great until 6.12. I'm currently on 6.12.6, and my server keeps on randomly crashing on me. I end up losing access to the web GUI, but the server is still on with the fans spinning.

My most recent incident had the web gui booted and once it finally crashed (takes around 10-12 hours each time). Even with the web gui I had a static image that was suck and my mouse could not move.

The only fix is to hard reset by holding the power button down. Has anyone experienced this and has a fix? I attached some logs and diagnostics

vader-diagnostics-20240109-1804.zip vader-syslog-20240110-0212.zip

Thank you. Waiting on it to fail again. I'll respond when it does. I turned on syslogs and am having them write to the OS USB flash drive (temporarily until i get the logs I need)

Edited by rum-z

Sys logs attached. This time I turned off the server gracefully. It did not lock up. However, 5 min after I turned it off, the server was still "on" with fans spinning and LEDs inside the case on. Yet I couldn't access the web gui. 

syslog

• Solution

The syslog shows that you have docker set to use macvlan AND have bridging enabled on eth0.  As mentioned in the Release Notes this combination is know to cause system crashes.    You ether need to disable bridging on eth0 or switch docker to using ipvlan networking.